Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 39

AGE QUOTES (39)



Certainly there are great men whose age circumscribes them so completely that we lose interest.
~Haniel Long

Part of the reason I sort of shot out like a cannon out of Michigan and left home at such an early age is because I had to feel independent.
~Madonna Ciccone

Any new financial order for the world must tackle the three chief challenges of our age.
~James Buchan

From birth to age 18 a girl needs good parents. From 18 to 35 she needs good looks. From 35 to 55 she needs a good personality. From 55 on, she needs good cash.
~Sophie Tucker

The idea of regretting not doing this seemed insane to me. Sitting in the corner at a bar at age 60, saying: 'I could've been Bond. Buy me a drink.' That's the saddest place I could be. At least now at 60 I can say: 'I was Bond. Now buy me a drink.'
~Daniel Craig

When I write about a 15-year old, I jump, I return to the days when I was that age. It's like a time machine. I can remember everything. I can feel the wind. I can smell the air. Very actually. Very vividly.
~Haruki Murakami

I've lost touch with a lot of that boutique-type music just because of my age, and raising my son and the multiple jobs I have at this point.
~Liz Phair

I think it's quite extraordinary that people cast me as if I'm Warren Beatty: until I met my present wife, at the age of 35, you could name two girlfriends.
~Colin Firth

There are mysteries which men can only guess at, which age by age they may solve only in part.
~Bram Stoker

There is a certain age at which a child looks at you in all earnestness and delivers a long, pleased speech in all the true inflections of spoken English, but with not one recognizable syllable.
~Annie Dillard

What though youth gave love and roses, Age still leaves us friends and wine.
~Thomas More

In this age of getting what you want and getting it now, the simple pleasure of browsing is often forgotten.
~Tom Hodgkinson

I liked 35 and in both my novels that is the age of the lead characters. I tried making them my age but they just seemed to keep moaning about stuff.
~Alexei Sayle

I can't get my knickers in a twist about my age and ageing in an industry that caters to the ids of 14-year-olds.
~Vera Farmiga

Age should not have its face lifted, but it should rather teach the world to admire wrinkles as the etchings of experience and the firm line of character.
~Clarence Day

I feel more mature than most people my age.
~Leighton Meester

You can construct the character of a man and his age not only from what he does and says, but from what he fails to say and do.
~Norman Douglas

We're taught at such a young age that you can always be better and that you're never perfect and that you're never good enough.
~Shawn Johnson

You have to be desirable. And that's why so many woman of my age or even younger are pushed to Botox and plastic surgery, all the things that people say, 'Why do women do this?' Where do you go in your 50s in your career?
~Kim Cattrall

You watch yourself age and it's hard to feel like a sex symbol.
~Idris Elba

If children are not introduced to music at an early age, I believe something fundamental is actually being taken from them.
~Luciano Pavarotti

In Hollywood, you play a mom, and the next thing you know, you're on 'The Golden Girls.' They age you so fast.
~Gabrielle Union

I didn't cry much after I was 35, but staggered stony-faced into middle age, a handkerchief still in my bag just in case.
~Hilary Mantel

Can you picture yourself at the age 60 doing what you do now?
~Dick Cavett

It looks good when you see someone kicking at the age of 51 with no double. It's kinda cool for people to know that past 50 we can keep flexible.
~Jean-Claude Van Damme

So Harry Potter came in and it is nice that I have kids of the right age. I took them to London and they walked around the set and met Harry Potter and that is thrilling.
~Gary Oldman

For the moment I prefer to be a beautiful woman of my age than try desperately to look 30.
~Demi Moore

I never played much golf as a kid. I caddied quite a bit but never got serious into golf until about age 15.
~Lee Trevino

I think it's hard, the fact that there's a certain age that we can't have kids anymore.
~Courteney Cox

The reason for the sadness of this modern age and the men who live in it is that it looks for the truth in everything and finds it.
~Edmond de Goncourt

There must be a law against forcing children to perform at an early age. Children should have a wonderful childhood. They should not be given too much responsibility.
~Maria Callas

The first crocodile I ever caught was at nine years of age, and it was a rescue.
~Steve Irwin

I don't know why people are so obsessed with age anyway. I mean, 90 is the new 70; 70 is the new 50 and 50 is the new 40; so the whole act-your-age thing? Only up to a point.
~Joan Collins

IQ is a commodity, data is a commodity. I'm far more interested in watching people interact at a restaurant with their smartphone. We can all read 'Tech Crunch,' 'Ad Age.' I would rather be living in the trenches. I would rather be going to Whole Foods in Columbus Circle to watch people shop with their smartphones.
~Gary Vaynerchuk

When I was 16, I got 'Jamon, Jamon.' Of course, I had to lie about my age. And I had to lie to my parents about the content of the script.
~Penelope Cruz

In our benighted age, when films about amusement park rides and electronic fidgets scoop the honours, perhaps Hollywood redux is the best we can hope for.
~Will Self

My mother inspired me to treat others as I would want to be treated regardless of age, race or financial status.
~Tommy Hilfiger

I gambled and I lost. I failed in securing my options for this choice for myself, but I succeeded in verifying the Dark Age is still with us.
~Jack Kevorkian

We try, we fail, we posture, we aspire, we pontificate - and then we age, shrink, die, and vanish.
~George Saunders

I got my first guitar at age of 7 and never laid it down. Momma taught me G, C, and D. I was off to the races son!
~Jerry Reed

We live in an age, in an era where there is so much negativity, there is so much violence in the world, there is so much unrest and people are at war, that I wanted to promote the word love and red signifies love.
~Elton John

If you love somebody, you love them. My parents had a 25-year age gap between them and my mum was the breadwinner, my dad the house husband. I'm a strong believer that a good relationship can work, whatever the situation.
~Katherine Jenkins

Childhood itself is scarcely more lovely than a cheerful, kindly, sunshiny old age.
~Lydia M. Child

I shot my first lion at the age of 14 when a pride threatened my father's livestock while he was away on holiday.
~Wilbur Smith

Men of my age live in a state of continual desperation.
~Vita Sackville-West

I nearly died of double bronchial pneumonia at the age of five.
~Roger Moore

It's possible that you have been told a time or 10 that you don't appreciate how tough your elders had it. It's true that, if you had been coming of age back in, say, 1960, you would probably be feeling more restricted, if only because you were doomed to spend your days in a skirt, nylon stockings and girdle.
~Gail Collins

One line I'd draw would be on raising the eligibility age for Social Security and Medicare. It sounds fair, since people are living longer. But it isn't. Lower income workers are the ones who find it hardest to keep working after 65. And they'll get penalized with lower benefits.
~Gail Collins

I grew up in one of the most socially conservative neighborhoods in Ohio, and my parents were traditional Catholics. But in her old age, my mother got her home health care from a guy who was gay, who was wonderful to her. Before she died, she rode a float in the Cincinnati Gay Pride Parade.
~Gail Collins

My grandparents got married at a very young age, and a lot of what I think about marriage is based on their relationship. I watched them over the years and saw how they dealt with everything together, as a team.
~Kyle Chandler

Well, my son really loves wildlife. And everytime he draws a polar bear I want to tell him there probably won't any by the time... he's my age. That's kinda hard to deal with.
~Thom Yorke

At a young age, I had to give up a lot of things, like being able to hang out with my friends.
~Victoria Justice

Old age and sickness bring out the essential characteristics of a man.
~Felix Frankfurter

I think it would be great if there were no age limit.
~Paula Abdul

I know when I grew up, it was, if it was daylight outside, get outside. Well, now, with the technological age of computers and everything, everyone's inside virtually going everywhere they want to go, virtually having relationships, virtually traveling across the neighborhood, virtually going to that island.
~Matthew McConaughey

I am hoping for peaceful transition into a new age. Obama has already played a great role in initiating us into that vision. If he were to be harmed in any way, it would spawn the birth of a million Obamas.
~Saul Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment