Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 35

AGE QUOTES (35)



The funniest racism is the racism between minorities. It's something you don't see dramatized, but almost every minority I know who's my age, they have these funny stories about their parents stereotyping other minorities.
~Mindy Kaling

A final word: I am not knowledgeable about the internet. I do not have a computer. I guess that at 74 years of age, I don't have the patience to learn.
~David Wilkerson

I first learned that there were black people living in some place called other than the United States in the western hemisphere when I was a very little boy, and my father told me that when he was a boy about my age, he wanted to be an Episcopal priest, because he so admired his priest, a black man from someplace called Haiti.
~Henry Louis Gates

Even truth needs to be clad in new garments if it is to appeal to a new age.
~Georg C. Lichtenberg

Non-disclosure in the Internet Age is quickly perceived as a breach of trust. Government, corporations and each of us as individuals must recalibrate how we live and share our lives appropriate to the information now available and the expectations of others.
~Simon Mainwaring

Age can be wonderful for red wine, but not for spacecraft.
~Nathan Myhrvold

Memory in youth is active and easily impressible; in old age it is comparatively callous to new impressions, but still retains vividly those of earlier years.
~Charlotte Bronte

I really think we should pass a law in every state, I don't care whether it takes the independence away from an old person or not. You shouldn't be driving a car if you're over the age of 80. Maybe even less than that.
~Evel Knievel

I was a very sickly kid. While I was in the hospital at age 7, my Dad brought me a stack of comic books to keep me occupied. I was hooked.
~Len Wein

I feel we live in the kind of culture now where you have to be very smart to navigate the right way, and I just don't have those smarts. I think with age and time it will change, but I can't obsess about it.
~Sienna Miller

Children under five are the poorest age group in America, and one in four infants, toddlers and preschoolers are poor during the years of greatest brain development.
~Marian Wright Edelman

I'd say that, first and foremost, I'm a performer; I started performing when I was four years old, and being on stage from a young age set me up.
~Paloma Faith

Old age is not a disease - it is strength and survivorship, triumph over all kinds of vicissitudes and disappointments, trials and illnesses.
~Maggie Kuhn

To separate children from others of similar age and qualifications solely because of their race generates a feeling of inferiority as to their status in the community that may affect their hearts and minds in a way unlikely ever to be undone.
~Earl Warren

I appreciate and enjoy my age.
~Nikki Giovanni

At my age you don't go into fatherhood lightly.
~Rod Stewart

I've never been more in love with anyone nearly half my age than I am today. I'd get married in a minute if I weren't still married to somebody else.
~Rod Stewart

You never choose the way that you're raised, it's just the way that you were raised, but you do get to a certain age where you're in a position to question the expectations of you and the way that you've been formed by your surroundings.
~Mia Wasikowska

'Dallas' hit a chord back in the late Seventies and Eighties because it was the age of greed: here you have this unapologetic character who is mean and nasty and ruthless and does it all with an evil grin. I think people related to JR back then because we all have someone we know exactly like him. Everyone in the world knows a JR.
~Larry Hagman

You need some insecurity if you're an actor. It keeps the pot boiling. I haven't yet started to think about retiring. I was shocked when I heard about Paul Newman retiring at age 82. Most actors just fade away like old soldiers.
~Al Pacino

Compared to a lot of actresses my age, I'm actually overweight.
~Lindsay Lohan

We virtually never feel our age, but thinking that we should can lead to disaster.
~Martha Beck

Michelle Pfeiffer hasn't been finding a lot of work recently because she doesn't like what a woman her age is offered. That's a real double standard. You get Sean Connery, who gets older and older, still playing opposite young ladies, but it doesn't work the other way around.
~Denzel Washington

We tried not to age, but time had its rage.
~Patti Smith

If you explode onto the scene at a very young age, there are so many people pulling you in different directions. It takes time to recalibrate and see what's important.
~Clive Owen

At my age it is unseemly to be pessimistic.
~Naguib Mahfouz

I think I'm past the age of getting lost.
~Amanda Seyfried

I conceived in art college at the age of 20, near the end of term.
~Joni Mitchell

If you're extremely, painfully frightened of age, it shows.
~Jeanne Moreau

To me age is a number, just a number. Who cares?
~Jeanne Moreau

I've never worried about age.
~Jeanne Moreau

To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am.
~Bernard Baruch

Over the years Woodstock got glorified and romanticised and became the event that symbolised Utopia. It's the last page of our collective memory of the age of innocence. Then things turned ugly and would never be the same again.
~Ang Lee

The Atomic Age is here to stay - but are we?
~Bennett Cerf

My wife and I, unlike many intellectuals, spent five years working on assembly lines. We came to fully understand the criticisms of the industrial age, in which you are an appendage of a machine that sets the pace.
~Alvin Toffler

No comments:

Post a Comment