Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 27

AGE QUOTES (27)



Litigation takes the place of sex at middle age.
~Gore Vidal

The nearer people approach old age the closer they return to a semblance of childhood, until the time comes for them to depart this life, again like children, neither tired of living nor aware of death.
~Desiderius Erasmus

The excess of our youth are checks written against our age and they are payable with interest thirty years later.
~Charles Caleb Colton

Our scientific age demands that we provide definitions, measurements, and statistics in order to be taken seriously. Yet most of the important things in life cannot be precisely defined or measured. Can we define or measure love, beauty, friendship, or decency, for example?
~Dennis Prager

It's not catastrophes, murders, deaths, diseases, that age and kill us; it's the way people look and laugh, and run up the steps of omnibuses.
~Virginia Woolf

Age, like distance lends a double charm.
~Oliver Herford

Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.
~J. K. Rowling

What's a man's age? He must hurry more, that's all; Cram in a day, what his youth took a year to hold.
~Robert Browning

I must be more sensible and realize that at my age, illusions are hardly permitted and they will always destroy me.
~Paul Cezanne

My age and health will never allow me to realize the dream of art I've been pursuing all my life.
~Paul Cezanne

I had used eclectic therapy and behavior therapy on myself at the age of 19 to get over my fear of public speaking and of approaching young women in public.
~Albert Ellis

Children rarely want to know who their parents were before they were parents, and when age finally stirs their curiosity, there is no parent left to tell them.
~Russell Baker

What turns me on about the digital age, what excited me personally, is that you have closed the gap between dreaming and doing. You see, it used to be that if you wanted to make a record of a song, you needed a studio and a producer. Now, you need a laptop.
~Bono

Discrimination due to age is one of the great tragedies of modern life. The desire to work and be useful is what makes life worth living, and to be told your efforts are not needed because you are the wrong age is a crime.
~Johnny Ball

Canada has a passive-aggressive culture, with a lot of sarcasm and righteousness. That went with my weird messianic complex. The ego is a fascinating monster. I was taught from a young age that I had to serve, so that turned into me thinking I had to save the planet.
~Alanis Morissette

In fact, my courage and my bravery at a young age was the thing I was bullied for, a kind of 'Who do you think you are?'
~Lady Gaga

It is folly for an eminent man to think of escaping censure, and a weakness to be affected with it. All the illustrious persons of antiquity, and indeed of every age in the world, have passed through this fiery persecution.
~Joseph Addison

There must be a day or two in a man's life when he is the precise age for something important.
~Franklin P. Adams

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.
~Randall Jarrell

Everybody past a certain age, regardless of how they look on the outside, pretty much constantly dreams of being able to escape from their lives.
~Doug Coupland

It's sad, actually, because my anxiety keeps me from enjoying things as much as I should at this age.
~Amanda Seyfried

By Time and Age full many things are taught.
~Aeschylus

I think I don't regret a single 'excess' of my responsive youth - I only regret, in my chilled age, certain occasions and possibilities I didn't embrace.
~Henry James

As technology advances, it reverses the characteristics of every situation again and again. The age of automation is going to be the age of 'do it yourself.'
~Marshall McLuhan

Where children are, there is the golden age.
~Novalis

Middle age is when you've met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else.
~Ogden Nash

I hate to mention age, but I come from an era when we weren't consumed by technology and television.
~Jimmy Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment