Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 24

AGE QUOTES (24)



Age shouldn't affect you. It's just like the size of your shoes - they don't determine how you live your life! You're either marvellous or you're boring, regardless of your age.
~Steven Morrissey

In my youth I stressed freedom, and in my old age I stress order. I have made the great discovery that liberty is a product of order.
~Will Durant

Nearly all the powerful people of this age are unbelievers, the best of them in doubt and misery, the most in plodding hesitation, doing as well as they can, what practical work lies at hand.
~John Ruskin

Age is getting to know all the ways the world turns, so that if you cannot turn the world the way you want, you can at least get out of the way so you won't get run over.
~Miriam Makeba

The hallmark of our age is the tension between aspirations and sluggish institutions.
~John W. Gardner

Age is a matter of feeling, not of years.
~Washington Irving

Each age has deemed the new-born year the fittest time for festal cheer.
~Walter Scott

People who refuse to rest honorably on their laurels when they reach retirement age seem very admirable to me.
~Helen Hayes

Our age knows nothing but reaction, and leaps from one extreme to another.
~Reinhold Niebuhr

Love has no age, no limit; and no death.
~John Galsworthy

In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest.
~Henry Miller

Old age is ready to undertake tasks that youth shirked because they would take too long.
~W. Somerset Maugham

This is the curse of our age, even the strangest aberrations are no cure for boredom.
~Stendhal

What is the worst of woes that wait on age? What stamps the wrinkle deeper on the brow? To view each loved one blotted from life's page, And be alone on earth, as I am now.
~Lord Byron

I would go out with women my age, but there are no women my age.
~George Burns

At my age flowers scare me.
~George Burns

The passions grafted on wounded pride are the most inveterate; they are green and vigorous in old age.
~George Santayana

No lie ever reaches old age.
~Sophocles

And I'm afraid, in this day and age, trust, which I count so, you know, I love loyalty. I love trust.
~Elton John

I don't care about age very much.
~Chinua Achebe

Old age is a special problem for me because I've never been able to shed the mental image I have of myself - a lad of about 19.
~E. B. White

It is unthinkable for a Frenchman to arrive at middle age without having syphilis and the Cross of the Legion of Honor.
~Andre Gide

Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you, and in this materialistic age a great many of us are possessed by our possessions.
~Peace Pilgrim

My dad encouraged us to fail. Growing up, he would ask us what we failed at that week. If we didn't have something, he would be disappointed. It changed my mindset at an early age that failure is not the outcome, failure is not trying. Don't be afraid to fail.
~Sara Blakely

You should not consider a man's age but his acts.
~Sophocles

But an old age serene and bright, and lovely as a Lapland night, shall lead thee to thy grave.
~William Wordsworth

I have always felt that a woman has the right to treat the subject of her age with ambiguity until, perhaps, she passes into the realm of over ninety. Then it is better she be candid with herself and with the world.
~Carl Sandburg

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment