Search This Blog

Saturday 30 November 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 6


AGE QUOTES PAGE (6)

When I can look Life in the eyes,
Grown calm and very coldly wise,
Life will have given me the Truth,
And taken in exchange - my youth.
~Sara Teasdale

Who does not wish to be beautiful, and clever, and rich, and to have back, in old age, the time spent trying to be any of them. 
~Robert Brault

None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. 
~Henry David Thoreau

I recently had my annual physical examination, which I get once every seven years, and when the nurse weighed me, I was shocked to discover how much stronger the Earth's gravitational pull has become since 1990. 
~Dave Barry

Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. 
~Quoted by Francis Bacon, Apothegm

To know how to grow old is the master-work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living. 
~Henri Amiel

We've put more effort into helping folks reach old age than into helping them enjoy it. 
~Frank A. Clark

First you forget names, then you forget faces, then you forget to pull your zipper up, then you forget to pull your zipper down. 
~Leo Rosenberg

The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young. 
~Oscar Wilde,The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

It is possible at any age to discover a lifelong desire you never knew you had. 
~Robert Brault, 

When it comes to staying young, a mind-lift beats a face-lift any day. 
~Marty Bucella

Give me chastity and continence, but not yet. 
~Saint Aurelius Augustine

The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest.  You are always being asked to do more, and you are not yet decrepit enough to turn them down. 
~T.S. Eliot, quoted in Time, 23 October 1950

Regrets are the natural property of grey hairs. 
~Charles Dickens

I did successfully kick tobacco at the age of 34. I smoked for like 20 years, from 14 to 34.
~Larry Hagman

There have been studies that clearly state that children who are exposed to arts education at a young age will in fact do markedly better in their SAT tests.
~Marvin Hamlisch

I grew up on a farm in a small town where you do or say one thing and everybody knows about it. You see it happen, there's always the town gossip - 'Oh did you hear about so and so, or did you hear what went on in this household?' So I learned at a very young age just to keep my mouth shut.
~Garrett Hedlund

Being gay and being a woman has one big thing in common, which is that we both become invisible after the age of 42. Who wants a gay 50-year-old? No one, let me tell you.
~Rupert Everett

It is sobering to consider that when Mozart was my age he had already been dead for a year.
~Tom Lehrer

It is a sobering thought that when Mozart was my age, he had been dead for two years.
~Tom Lehrer

We can no longer waste time and money. Every day, more than 2,000 girls in America, age 15-19, give birth - in the wealthiest, most educated nation in the world! Neither you nor I should accept this statistic.
~Jane Fonda

Every age, after all, must have its own aisling and dream of a better, kinder, happier, shared world.
~Michael D. Higgins

I definitely don't look my age. So I actively look for roles that will help people change their perception of me.
~Elijah Wood

We started playing music from an early age and so we wasn't really aware of that side of it, the weird thing is the more successful you get the more free booze and drugs you get, they should be given to the bands who don't have the money.
~Ville Valo

Old age is a woman's hell.
~Ninon de L'Enclos

I think you have to be a little bit strict. You can't be friend and their parent in a lot of situations, especially in this day and age where it's so dangerous for kids. So there's a bit of sternness, I guess, in the way I raise my kids.
~Tim McGraw

I basically started playing violin at the age of six. That lasted about three years because my previous teacher died and the second teacher didn't really know how to successfully get me going.
~Miroslav Vitous

Everyone takes pause at 40. It's the age you have to assess everything in your life. It's the fictitious marker that's always coming up when you're young. The world really does look at you to kind of have it together by 40, and be successful by 40. Whatever success means.
~Paul Feig

Listen, in England people are already writing their memoirs at the age of 23.
~Rupert Everett

I absolutely refuse to reveal my age. What am I - a car?
~Cyndi Lauper 

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment