Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 21

AGE QUOTES (21)



Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success.
~Louisa May Alcott

I cried on my 18th birthday. I thought 17 was such a nice age. You're young enough to get away with things, but you're old enough, too.
~Liv Tyler

The philosophies of one age have become the absurdities of the next, and the foolishness of yesterday has become the wisdom of tomorrow.
~William Osler

If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.
~George Burns

I think women should start to embrace their age. What's the alternative to getting older? You die. I can't change the day I was born. But I can take care of my skin, my body, my mind, and try to live my life and be happy.
~Olivia Munn

Old age: the crown of life, our play's last act.
~Marcus Tullius Cicero

This is the patent age of new inventions for killing bodies, and for saving souls. All propagated with the best intentions.
~Lord Byron

Like many women my age, I am 28 years old.
~Mary Schmich

In the information age, you don't teach philosophy as they did after feudalism. You perform it. If Aristotle were alive today he'd have a talk show.
~Timothy Leary

Life, an age to the miserable, and a moment to the happy.
~Francis Bacon

A man does not die of love or his liver or even of old age; he dies of being a man.
~Miguel de Unamuno

I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.
~Billy Joel

The age of chivalry is past. Bores have succeeded to dragons.
~Charles Dickens

Old age is when the liver spots show through your gloves.
~Phyllis Diller

It is the spirit of the age to believe that any fact, no matter how suspect, is superior to any imaginative exercise, no matter how true.
~Gore Vidal

The heart never grows better by age; I fear rather worse, always harder. A young liar will be an old one, and a young knave will only be a greater knave as he grows older.
~Lord Chesterfield

Rashness belongs to youth; prudence to old age.
~Marcus Tullius Cicero

I am of a healthy long lived race, and our minds improve with age.
~William Butler Yeats

Old age has its pleasures, which, though different, are not less than the pleasures of youth.
~Somerset Maugham

Experience is a revelation in the light of which we renounce our errors of youth for those of age.
~Ambrose Bierce

It is with an old love as it is with old age a man lives to all the miseries, but is dead to all the pleasures.
~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Once I planned to write a book of poems entirely about the things in my pocket. But I found it would be too long; and the age of the great epics is past.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton

Many believe - and I believe - that I have been designated for this work by God. In spite of my old age, I do not want to give it up; I work out of love for God and I put all my hope in Him.
~Michelangelo

Intelligent life on a planet comes of age when it first works out the reason for its own existence.
~Richard Dawkins

We of Africa protest that, in this day and age, we should continue to be treated as lesser human beings than other races.
~Robert Mugabe 

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment