Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 26

AGE QUOTES (26)



Age steals away all things, even the mind.
~Virgil

Age carries all things away, even the mind.
~Virgil

Nobody expects to trust his body overmuch after the age of fifty.
~Alexander Hamilton

To be happy, we must be true to nature and carry our age along with us.
~William Hazlitt

It seems as if an age of genius must be succeeded by an age of endeavour; riot and extravagance by cleanliness and hard work.
~Virginia Woolf

I'm 36 and if I met a woman of my own age and married her, I'd also be marrying her former life, her past. It might be OK for some people - I don't want to judge it or anything - but it's not for me. It would destroy my creativity.
~Henry Rollins

I have always paid income tax. I object only when it reaches a stage when I am threatened with having nothing left for my old age - which is due to start next Tuesday or Wednesday.
~Noel Coward

Old age and the passage of time teach all things.
~Sophocles

Marriage is not about age; it's about finding the right person.
~Sophia Bush

Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.
~Margaret Atwood

It is not the young people that degenerate; they are not spoiled till those of mature age are already sunk into corruption.
~Charles de Montesquieu

Women lie about their age; men lie about their income.
~William Feather

I smoke ten to fifteen cigars a day. At my age I have to hold on to something.
~George Burns

I'm at the age now where just putting my cigar in its holder is a thrill.
~George Burns

Before anything else, we need a new age of Enlightenment. Our present political systems must relinquish their claims on truth, justice and freedom and have to replace them with the search for truth, justice, freedom and reason.
~Friedrich Durrenmatt

The terror of the atom age is not the violence of the new power but the speed of man's adjustment to it, the speed of his acceptance.
~E. B. White

Young men soon give, and soon forget, affronts; old age is slow in both.
~Joseph Addison

Not even old age knows how to love death.
~Sophocles

Old age is the verdict of life.
~Amelia Barr

Interest is the spur of the people, but glory that of great souls. Invention is the talent of youth, and judgment of age.
~Jonathan Swift

You are 27 or 28 right? It is very tough to live at that age. When nothing is sure. I have sympathy with you.
~Haruki Murakami

I think age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
~Tom Stoppard

There are few things that we so unwillingly give up, even in advanced age, as the supposition that we still have the power of ingratiating ourselves with the fair sex.
~Samuel Johnson

I'm very pleased to be here. Let's face it, at my age I'm very pleased to be anywhere.
~George Burns

Temper never mellows with age, and a sharp tongue is the only edged tool that grows keener with constant use.
~Washington Irving

Invention is the talent of youth, as judgment is of age.
~Jonathan Swift

No man was ever so completely skilled in the conduct of life, as not to receive new information from age and experience.
~Jonathan Swift

As the age of television progresses the Reagans will be the rule, not the exception. To be perfect for television is all a President has to be these days.
~Gore Vidal

It is the malady of our age that the young are so busy teaching us that they have no time left to learn.
~Eric Hoffer

No comments:

Post a Comment