Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 18

AGE QUOTES PAGE (18)


Each age, it is found, must write its own books; or rather, each generation for the next succeeding.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you? You'd never wholly know you.
~Marilyn Monroe

Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.
~Anais Nin

Education is the best provision for old age.
~Aristotle

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
~Lucille Ball

I don't think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.
~Oprah Winfrey

In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.
~George Orwell

The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which mean never losing your enthusiasm.
~Aldous Huxley

To me - old age is always ten years older than I am.
~John Burroughs

The kids are old enough now - I just want to let them be kids. I don't want to comment on them too much. They're at an age where I just want to let them be kids.
~Eminem

I've got volumes on how not to behave. I've got more information now than a guy should have at my age.
~Charlie Sheen

Why should society feel responsible only for the education of children, and not for the education of all adults of every age?
~Erich Fromm

Hesitation increases in relation to risk in equal proportion to age.
~Ernest Hemingway

I'm at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table.
~Rodney Dangerfield

He who is of calm and happy nature will hardly feel the pressure of age, but to him who is of an opposite disposition youth and age are equally a burden.
~Plato

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
~Luis Bunuel

I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
~Groucho Marx

A woman has the age she deserves.
~Coco Chanel

He who has not the spirit of this age, has all the misery of it.
~Voltaire

Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age.
~James Joyce

Books were my pass to personal freedom. I learned to read at age three, and soon discovered there was a whole world to conquer that went beyond our farm in Mississippi.
~Oprah Winfrey

Error is acceptable as long as we are young; but one must not drag it along into old age.
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Age merely shows what children we remain.
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The credit of advancing science has always been due to individuals and never to the age.
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I don't need you to remind me of my age. I have a bladder to do that for me.
~Stephen Fry

Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.
~Douglas MacArthur

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom.
~H. L. Mencken

Middle age is when you're sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn't for you.
~Ogden Nash

Publishing is in a kind of Jurassic age.
~Paulo Coelho

If youth knew; if age could.
~Sigmund Freud

It is utterly false and cruelly arbitrary to put all the play and learning into childhood, all the work into middle age, and all the regrets into old age.
~Margaret Mead 

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment