Search This Blog

Saturday 30 November 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 10

AGE QUOTES PAGE (10)


The first forty years of life give us the text; the next thirty supply the commentary on it.  ~Arthur Schopenhauer

You know you're getting old when all the names in your black book have M.D. after them.  ~Arnold Palmer

You spend 90% of your adult life hoping for a long rest and the last 10% trying to convince the Lord that you're actually not that tired. 
~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

It's hard to feel middle-aged, because how can you tell how long you are going to live?  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960


Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened. 
~Jennifer Yane

I am now old enough to no longer have a fear of dying young.
~Bruce Ades, c.1990

Middle age is when we can do just as much as ever - but would rather not. 
~Author Unknown

In the central place of every heart there is a recording chamber.  So long as it receives a message of beauty, hope, cheer, and courage - so long are you young.  When the wires are all down and our heart is covered with the snow of pessimism and the ice of cynicism, then, and only then, are you grown old. 
~Douglas MacArthur

Is that a birthday? 'tis, alas! too clear;
'Tis but the funeral of the former year.
~Alexander Pope

The sun shines different ways in summer and winter.  We shine different ways in the seaons of our lives. 
~Terri Guillemets

No spring nor summer's beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face....
~John Donne, "Elegy IX: The Autumnal"

To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable. 
~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

[H]e drew towards his premature old age, childless and lonely,—like the needle which, approaching within a certain distance of the pole, becomes helpless and useless, and, ceasing to tremble, rusts.
~Lord Byron, about Alexander Pope

Zeal, n.  A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. 
~Ambrose Bierce

There are years that ask questions and years that answer. 
~Zora Neale Hurston

I admire and respect those unique and positive individuals who can "age without aging." The number of times a heart beats is not as important as its tempo and rhythm.
~Craig D. Slovak

The elderly don't drive that badly; they're just the only ones with time to do the speed limit.
~Jason Love

May we keep a little of the fuel of youth to warm our body in old age.
~Minna Thomas Antrim, "To Harder Times," A Book of Toasts, 1902

Some of your teachers are actually closer in age to you than you think.
~Maya Lin

I want to live to be 120. That's when I will start worrying about my age.
~Helena Christensen

We are the children of a technological age. We have found streamlined ways of doing much of our routine work. Printing is no longer the only way of reproducing books. Reading them, however, has not changed.
~Lawrence Clark Powell

For students today, only 10 percent of children from working-class families graduate from college by the age of 24 as compared to 58 percent of upper-middle-class and wealthy families.
~Patrick J. Kennedy

A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.
~Robertson Davies

I never took guitar lessons. I took classical piano lessons from the age of six when we lived in Holland. And when we moved to America, it was just the typical thing except I was really good at it; so was my brother.
~Eddie Van Halen

I think you can't really escape any kind of spiritual education as a child, whether it's New Age or Judaism or Buddhism or whatever it is. You can't escape it, even if you completely disagree with it, you still have it as a foundation that you base things off of.
~Jack White

The older generation had greater respect for land than science. But we live in an age when science, more than soil, has become the provider of growth and abundance. Living just on the land creates loneliness in an age of globality.
~Shimon Peres

At my age, the radiation will probably do me good.
~Norman Wisdom

It's not the normal way to look at things but I experienced death at a really young age and because of that it's been part of my mental landscape that death is really very possible.
~Cate Blanchett

I've an enormous respect for my mother who at the age of 39 raised three children, and I grew up with my grandmother in the household. And so it was a really strong household of women - my poor brother! It was great growing up with so many generations of women.
~Cate Blanchett

Age puzzles me. I thought it was a quiet time. My seventies were interesting and fairly serene, but my eighties are passionate. I grow more intense as I age.
~Florida Scott-Maxwell

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment