Search This Blog

Saturday 30 November 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 9

AGE QUOTES PAGE (9)


Ev'ry season hath its pleasures:
Spring may boast her flow'ry prime,
Yet the vineyard's ruby treasures
Brighten autumn's sob'rer time.
So life's year begins and closes;
Days, though short'ning, still can shine;
What, though youth gave loves and roses,
Age still leaves us friends and wine....
Thus may we, as years are flying,
To their flight our pleasures suit,
Nor regret the blossoms dying,
While we still can taste the fruit.
~Thomas Moore, "Spring and Autumn"


Young twigs will bend but not old trees.
~Dutch Proverb


Age seldom arrives smoothly or quickly. It's more often a succession of jerks.
~Jean Rhys


Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.  Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. 
~Tom Wilson


We are always the same age inside. 
~Gertrude Stein


Old age ain't no place for sissies. 
~Bette Davis


The last birthday that's any good is 23. 
~Andy Rooney


At my age, you not only have bittersweet memories, you make bittersweet plans.  ~Robert Brault


Middle age is having a choice between two temptations and choosing the one that'll get you home earlier. 
~Dan Bennett


I fear vastly more a futile, incompetent old age than I do any form of death. 
~William Allen White


Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up. 
~Author Unknown


Like our shadows, our wishes lengthen as our sun declines. 
~Edward Young,Night Thoughts


My younger passions are still listening, as I age. 
~Terri Guillemets


Don't let aging get you down.  It's too hard to get back up. 
~Attributed to John Wagner


As we grow older, our capacity for enjoyment shrinks, but not our appetite for it. 
~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

By age seven, I used to comb my hair for performances, just pull my hair up into a bun. Granted, it wasn't a very intricate hairstyle. Still, to be that responsible and disciplined at age seven is unusual.
~Janet Jackson

I've had two romances since moving to Las Vegas. One was with somebody 12 years older than me, and the other was the same age, and neither worked out. I know people still think of me as one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends, and he of course was much older than me, but that was a whole different lifestyle and a different kind of dating.
~Holly Madison

We have become a society that can't self-correct, that can't address its obvious problems, that can't pull out of its nosedive. And so to our list of disasters let us add this fourth entry: we have entered an age of folly that - for all our Facebooking and the twittling tweedle-dee-tweets of the twitterati - we can't wake up from.
~Thomas Frank

I love physical kinds of comedy and getting down and dirty and doing stunts. When I was growing up, I was always getting into fights with guys and usually punching out boys my age because I was a lot bigger and tougher. So I'm naturally accustomed to putting myself into the headspace of a girl who can take care of herself.
~Cameron Diaz

I think that horror films have a very direct relationship to the time in which they're made. The films that really strike a film with the public are very often reflecting something that everyone, consciously or unconsciously feeling - atomic age, post 9-11, post Iraq war; it's hard to predict what people are going to be afraid of.
~Eli Roth

I became married at a young age and had two daughters and divorced at 26. I had to go on welfare to make ends meet. I had no way to support myself.
~Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Women of child-bearing age steadily run out of eggs by the continuous process of cell death. While reading a copy of the 'Guardian' carefully from cover to cover, a normal woman will have lost on average two eggs - while, typically, a normal man will have made 70,000 new sperm.
~Robert Winston

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
~Billie Burke

I'm glad now, at age 66, that I never used alcohol or tobacco... I've buried a lot of friends who used tobacco or alcohol.
~Jerry Falwell

Up until age 40, most men are just not as mature as women. So, it makes sense that a lot of women date up in age a bit.
~Patti Stanger

I think the most exciting thing is that you expect people our age to know the music, but actually a lot of kids know the music, and if anything is left, we have left really good music, and that's the important part, not the mop-tops or whatever.
Ringo Starr

A woman my age is not supposed to be attractive or sexually appealing. I just get kinda tired of that.
~Kathleen Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment