Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 29

AGE QUOTES (29)



By all but the pathologically romantic, it is now recognized that this is not the age of the small man.
~John Kenneth Galbraith

I think a child should be allowed to take his father's or mother's name at will on coming of age. Paternity is a legal fiction.
~James Joyce

Anyone who writes an autobiographical work at the age of 34 is, at best, presumptuous. It occurred to me that it was time to set the record straight.
~Jessica Savitch

Now is the age of anxiety.
~W. H. Auden

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic background, is that we all believe we are above-average drivers.
~Dave Barry

Children also have artistic ability, and there is wisdom in there having it! The more helpless they are, the more instructive are the examples they furnish us; and they must be preserved free of corruption from an early age.
~Paul Klee

Middle Age is that perplexing time of life when we hear two voices calling us, one saying, 'Why not?' and the other, 'Why bother?'
~Sydney J. Harris

Age becomes reality when you hear someone refer to that attractive young woman standing next to the woman in the green dress, and you find that you're the one in the green dress.
~Lois Wyse

At a young age winning is not the most important thing... the important thing is to develop creative and skilled players with good confidence.
~Arsene Wenger

Here's my Golden Rule for a tarnished age: Be fair with others, but keep after them until they're fair with you.
~Alan Alda

The surest sign of age is loneliness.
~Annie Dillard

Middle age occurs when you are too young to take up golf and too old to rush up to the net.
~Franklin P. Adams

A major advantage of age is learning to accept people without passing judgment.
~Liz Carpenter

People until I was 60 would always say they thought I looked younger, which I think, without flattering myself, I did, but I think I certainly have, as George Orwell says people do after a certain age, the face they deserve.
~Christopher Hitchens

A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new; when an age ends; and when the soul of a nation long suppressed finds utterance.
~Jawaharlal Nehru

To be free in an age like ours, one must be in a position of authority. That in itself would be enough to make me ambitious.
~Hannah Arendt

Old age is the most unexpected of all things that happen to a man.
~Leon Trotsky

If the nineteenth century was the age of the editorial chair, ours is the century of the psychiatrist's couch.
~Marshall McLuhan

American youth attributes much more importance to arriving at driver's license age than at voting age.
~Marshall McLuhan

We live in an age where the artist is forgotten. He is a researcher. I see myself that way.
~David Hockney

Man arrives as a novice at each age of his life.
~Nicolas Chamfort

Middle age is when your old classmates are so grey and wrinkled and bald they don't recognize you.
~Bennett Cerf

I would like to see more airplay for all artists, no matter what age. I think there's a lot of money being spent toward the young guys, but a lot of the older guys are the ones who blazed the trail for those young guys.
~Willie Nelson

There are people whose watch stops at a certain hour and who remain permanently at that age.
~Helen Rowland

My mother enjoyed old age, and because of her I've begun to enjoy parts of it too. So far I've had it good and am crumbling nicely.
~Lionel Blue

I'll tell you, there is nothing better in life than being a late bloomer. I believe that success can happen at any time and at any age.
~Salma Hayek

Light and funny has a more compelling quality when you're younger. But I haven't abandoned the genre: I love falling down; I love Lucille Ball. It's just that a lot of those stories revolve around problems that I can't convincingly portray at this age.
~Julia Roberts

This is the first age that's ever paid much attention to the future, which is a little ironic since we may not have one.
~Arthur C. Clarke

When superstition is allowed to perform the task of old age in dulling the human temperament, we can say goodbye to all excellence in poetry, in painting, and in music.
~Denis Diderot

Revenge is the naked idol of the worship of a semi-barbarous age.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment