Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 28

AGE QUOTES (28)



I think that age as a number is not nearly as important as health. You can be in poor health and be pretty miserable at 40 or 50. If you're in good health, you can enjoy things into your 80s.
~Bob Barker

Of middle age the best that can be said is that a middle-aged person has likely learned how to have a little fun in spite of his troubles.
~Don Marquis

There is no self-knowledge but an historical one. No one knows what he himself is who does not know his fellow men, especially the most prominent one of the community, the master's master, the genius of the age.
~Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel

The sanitary and mechanical age we are now entering makes up for the mercy it grants to our sense of smell by the ferocity with which it assails our sense of hearing.
~Havelock Ellis

I was getting hot flashes and sweats on a regular basis. That's not normal, even for my age.
~Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

I'm not skinny for the wrong reasons. It's not because I'm bulimic or anorexic or doing drugs. Compared to a lot of actresses my age, I'm actually overweight.
Lindsay Lohan

The greatest problem about old age is the fear that it may go on too long.
~A. J. P. Taylor

You live in a deranged age, more deranged that usual, because in spite of great scientific and technological advances, man has not the faintest idea of who he is or what he is doing.
~Walker Percy

Whoever marries the spirit of this age will find himself a widower in the next.
~William Ralph Inge

I figured out it was a social thing, what women were allowed to do. At a very young age, I decided I was not going to follow women's rules.
~Joan Jett

We were really grown up for our age and it was an incredible special band.
~Joan Jett

I felt a tremendous sadness for men who can't deal with a woman of their own age.
~Michael Caine

They that have lived a single day have lived an age.
~Jean de la Bruyere

Alexander at the head of the world never tasted the true pleasure that boys of his own age have enjoyed at the head of a school.
~Horace Walpole

Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.
~David Mamet

I knew at a young age, whether I was playing baseball or hockey or lacrosse, that my teammates were counting on me, whether it be to strike the last batter out in a baseball game or score a big goal in a hockey game.
~Wayne Gretzky

At its best our age is an age of searchers and discoverers, and at its worst, an age that has domesticated despair and learned to live with it happily.
~Flannery O'Connor

Whoever, fleeing marriage and the sorrows that women cause, does not wish to wed comes to a deadly old age.
~Hesiod

Most of the basic material a writer works with is acquired before the age of fifteen.
~Willa Cather

I've gotten crankier in my old age.
~Shirley MacLaine

My inspiration was my mom. She's a great cook, and she still cooks, and we still banter back and forth about cooking. Growing up in a mostly Portuguese community, food was important and the family table was extremely important. At a very young age I understood that.
~Emeril Lagasse

I never - you know also one of the things that would save me for a man my age, it was not that easy to lose that much weight and fall down and look like something draped.
~Karl Lagerfeld

At the age of four with paper hats and wooden swords we're all Generals. Only some of us never grow out of it.
~Peter Ustinov

If you read back in the Bible, the letter of the apostle Paul to the church of Thessalonia, he said that in the latter days before the end of the age that the Earth would be caught up in what he called the birth pangs of a new order.
~Pat Robertson

I'm well past the age where I'm acceptable. You get to a certain age and you are forbidden access. You're not going to get the kind of coverage that you would like in music magazines, you're not going to get played on radio and you're not going to get played on television. I have to survive on word of mouth.
~David Bowie

A writer is justly called 'universal' when he is understood within the limits of his civilization, though that be bounded by a country or an age.
~George Edward Woodberry

Photography suits the temper of this age - of active bodies and minds. It is a perfect medium for one whose mind is teeming with ideas, imagery, for a prolific worker who would be slowed down by painting or sculpting, for one who sees quickly and acts decisively, accurately.
~Edward Weston

From the age of fifteen, dogma has been the fundamental principle of my religion: I know no other religion; I cannot enter into the idea of any other sort of religion; religion, as a mere sentiment, is to me a dream and a mockery.
~John Henry Newman

I was taught from a young age that many people would treat me as a second-class citizen because I was African-American and because I was female.
~Queen Latifah

A great age of literature is perhaps always a great age of translations.
~Ezra Pound

There's a vintage which comes with age and experience.
~Jon Bon Jovi 

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment