Search This Blog

Friday 29 November 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings


 AGE QUOTES

The aging process has you firmly in its grasp if you never get the urge to throw a snowball. 
 ~Doug Larson

Age is a question of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. 
~Leroy "Satchel" Paige

Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.  We grow old by deserting our ideals.  Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. 
~Samuel Ullman

You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair. 
~Douglas MacArthur

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. 
~Chili Davis

In youth the days are short and the years are long; in old age the years are short and the days long. 
~Nikita Ivanovich Panin

Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone. 
~Jim Fiebig

I spent a lot of time not in school, so I didn't have deep relationships with kids my own age.
~Jodie Foster

In the modern media age we are rarely surprised by what we see. Whether it's on television or film or in the theatre, everything is so advertised, so trailed, that most entertainment is merely what you thought it was going to be like.
~Rowan Atkinson

I think computer science, by and large, is still stuck in the Modern age.
~Larry Wall

Mom claimed that I could carry a tune at 2 or 3 years of age. Maybe she was a little prejudiced.
~Ethel Merman

I am 54 and age is slowly writing itself on my face.
~Arthur Smith

It was Julie Burchill who decreed that, beyond a certain age, a man should not be seen in a leather jacket.
~Arthur Smith

I've always been intrigued by color and by interesting hair. I was one of those weird little girls doing my own hair at the age of 9. I was, like, getting weird gels and new brushes and cornrow holders. I would tweak and perm at the age of 13.
~Nicki Minaj

I don't think people should do things because you know, 'I am turning this age, I must go have a husband.' If you find somebody and it works out then have kids, it's very nice. But if you don't, you don't.
~Zaha Hadid

Despite what anti-aging ads say, growing older can be better. I feel better in my skin, 100 percent. You have greater effects of gravity, but the better sense of yourself you have is something I wouldn't trade. Women who lie about their age - 'why?'
~Demi Moore

I was drafted into the Army when I was 19 and came out at age 22. Most people that I knew didn't think they'd come home alive. I didn't think I would either, so I was happy when I did.
~Ed Koch

I am rediscovering the whole sexual dimension of life at the age of 86, really. And that also means discovering the feminine. So the whole of this dimension, which I had been seeking for a very long time, is now sort of opening itself up to me.
~Bede Griffiths

I want to sell to people my own age, because that's the way I write songs.
~John Mellencamp

Most women are indulgent of themselves. This is a mistake. It should be only the reward of old age.
~Anna Held

At the age of 12 I won the school prize for Best English Essay. The prize was a copy of Somerset Maugham's 'Introduction To Modern English And American Literature.' To this day I keep it on the shelf between my collection of Forester's works and the little urn that contains my mother's ashes.
~Wilbur Smith

We hold that the most wonderful and splendid proof of genius is a great poem produced in a civilized age.
~Thomas B. Macaulay

Being successful at a very young age gave me the confidence and the capability to try out other things.
~Joshua Lederberg

As a father, I believe that involving children in sports at a young age is generally, a wise proposition. I believe that healthy competition is... well... healthy; that sporting events foster a spirit of teamwork that far surpasses the events themselves; and that active participation keeps children moving and is good for their self-esteem.
~Naveen Jain

What makes us a bit nervous is, in this instant age, to release something that might take more than one listen. Where everything is instantly judged on YouTube or something! It's a bit like releasing a horse and cart on a racetrack.
~Chris Martin

The culture of independent film criticism has totally gone down the drain and this seems to come with the territory of the consumer age that we are now living in.

No comments:

Post a Comment