Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 34

AGE QUOTES (34)



Every time I see something terrible, it's like I see it at age 19. I keep a freshness that way.
~Ralph Nader

Bring a wife home to your house when you are of the right age, not far short of 30 years, nor much above; this is the right time for marriage.
~Hesiod

The growth of art seems to be in cycles, and often its vigorous lifetime is restricted to a century or two. The periods of distinctive drama, Greek, English, Spanish, fall within such a limit; the schools of painting and sculpture likewise; and, in poetry, the Victorian age or the school of Pope will serve as examples.
~George Edward Woodberry

We live in an age where anonymity is growing in magnitude like a bomb going off.
~Jock Sturges

Even from a very early age, I knew I didn't want to miss out on anything life had to offer just because it might be considered dangerous.
~Nicole Kidman

People tend to become more emotionally intelligent as they age and mature.
~Daniel Goleman

I always wanted to be a designer. I read books on fashion from the age of 12.
~Alexander McQueen

I wish I'd gotten sober at a younger age.
~Janice Dickinson

Many women my age have known the experience of giving up crucial parts of themselves to please the man they love.
~Joyce Maynard

At a certain age it just became apparent to me that this was probably the work that I would have to do.
~Daniel Day-Lewis

I am happy being able to play roles with people my age because once you do something really mature there is no turning back.
~Lindsay Lohan

I'm going to sound like an old man but at my age, it's lovely doing something that you've never done before.
~Roddy Doyle

Filth and old age, I'm sure you will agree, are powerful wardens upon chastity.
~Geoffrey Chaucer

Experts tell us that 90% of all brain development occurs by the age of five. If we don't begin thinking about education in the early years, our children are at risk of falling behind by the time they start Kindergarten.
~Robert. L. Ehrlich

A newspaper is lumber made malleable. It is ink made into words and pictures. It is conceived, born, grows up and dies of old age in a day.
~Jim Bishop

I'm glad I was born when I was. My time was the golden age of variety. If I were starting out again now, maybe things would happen for me, but it certainly would not be on a variety show with 28 musicians, 12 dancers, two major guest stars, 50 costumes a week by Bob Mackie. The networks just wouldn't spend the money today.
~Carol Burnett

From an early age I didn't buy into the value systems of working hard in a nine-to-five job. I thought creativity, friendship and loyalty and pushing the boundaries of what was acceptable was much more interesting.
~Adam Clayton

I wanted to do two things when I was growing up, about your age. I wanted to play in the NBA, and I wanted to be a businessman after my basketball career was over, and that is what I am doing now.
~Magic Johnson

Young man, the secret of my success is that an early age I discovered that I was not God.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

I didn't know a time when there wasn't a war because I spent all my time from the age of two or three to eight in a coal cellar really.
~David Bailey

When I was a little kid I used to play with guys twice my age, so, I was the last one picked, so if I picked I knew that I had to get the ball to the scorer if I wanted to stay on the court, so that was pretty much my job.
~Jason Kidd

You get to a certain age and you can't judge yourself on your dad or your parents.
~Ellie Goulding

I always sensed instinctively from the earliest age that I was being lied to.
~Richard Linklater

When you get to a certain age, there is no coming back.
~Brian Clough

I think it's your mental attitude. So many of us start dreading age in high school and that's a waste of a lovely life. 'Oh... I'm 30, oh, I'm 40, oh, 50.' Make the most of it.
~Betty White

I avoid talking before the youth of the age as I would dancing before them: for if one's tongue don't move in the steps of the day, and thinks to please by its old graces, it is only an object of ridicule.
~Horace Walpole

Being a father at a later age is different from when I had my other two daughters when I was in my 20s and 30s. If you're in your 60s and you're with the kid every day, you're dealing with the mind of a child, so it opens up that childishness in you again.
~Martin Scorsese

Study is the bane of childhood, the oil of youth, the indulgence of adulthood, and a restorative in old age.
~Walter Savage Landor

At this age, I should be leading a quiet life.
~Aung San Suu Kyi

Even one voice can be heard loudly all over the world in this day and age.
~Aung San Suu Kyi

But look, I was born in 1956, the peak year for births in US history. I think I'm very representative of many of the thought processes my generation have been through and, by and large, people of my age have had their imprint planted on the consciousness of western society for a long time.
~Tom Hanks

Save your money. You're going to need twice as much money in your old age as you think.
~Michael Caine

Age is a terrible avenger. The lessons of life give you so much to work with, but by the time you've got all this great wisdom, you don't get to be young anymore.
~Elizabeth Wurtzel

People dance at any age.
~Mikhail Baryshnikov

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment