Search This Blog

Friday 29 November 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 5

AGE QUOTES PAGE (5)


And from the first time I picked up a basketball at age eight - I had a lot of difficulty when I first picked up a basketball, because I was a scrub - there were things that I liked about it.
~Julius Erving

People say women shouldn't have long hair over a certain age, but I've never done what everyone says.
~Jane Seymour

Maybe back in the day you didn't need to be the greatest looking to be on TV and you didn't need to speak the best, but in this day and age, I think you need to be the package. You need to look the part for your sponsors, you need to be able to speak the part for the media and to big CEOs.
~Danica Patrick

You just never know when you're living in a golden age.
~Alexander Payne

I began to understand my sensations, to know what I wanted, at around the age of forty - but only vaguely.
~Camille Pissarro

There are signs that the age of petroleum has passed its zenith. Adjusted for inflation, a barrel of crude oil now sells for three times its long-run average. The large western oil companies, which cartellised the industry for much of the 20th century, are now selling more oil than they find, and are thus in the throes of liquidation.
~James Buchan

I started out modeling at a young age and surrounded myself with different brilliant minds. I have so many people to get educated from, and I've been a sponge.
~Kellan Lutz

Always, however brutal an age may actually have been, its style transmits its music only.
~Andre Malraux

We should bomb Vietnam back into the stone age.
~Curtis LeMay

I actually think with age comes some level of wisdom.
~Nina Totenberg

Most poetry in the modern age has retreated to the private sphere, turning its back on the political realm.
~Terry Eagleton

Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing. 
~Oliver Wendell Holmes


I advise you to go on living solely to enrage those who are paying your annuities.  It is the only pleasure I have left. 
~Voltaire


There's no such thing as too late.  That's why they invented death.  
~From the movie Out to Sea


I was wrong to grow older.  Pity.  I was so happy as a child. 
~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Flight to Arras, 1942, translated from French by Lewis Galantière


Age is opportunity no less,
Than youth itself, though in another dress,
And as the evening twilight fades away,
The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Morituri Salutamus


To be seventy years young is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be forty years old. 
~Oliver Wendell Holmes  (Thanks Janice!)


The soul's dark cottage, battered and decayed,
Lets in new light through chinks that time hath made.
~Edmund Waller


The great secret that all old people share is that you really haven't changed in seventy or eighty years.  Your body changes, but you don't change at all.  And that, of course, causes great confusion. 
~Doris Lessing


There is still no cure for the common birthday. 
~John Glenn


Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts. 
~Martin Buxbaum

An archeologist is the best husband any woman can have:  the older she gets, the more interested he is in her. 
~Agatha Christie, news summaries, 9 March 1954

Grandchildren don't make a man feel old; it's the knowledge that he's married to a grandmother. 
~G. Norman Collie

You can't hide your true colors as you approach the autumn of your life. 
~Author Unknown

I don't believe one grows older.  I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates. 
~T.S. Eliot

Whatever poet, orator, or sage may say of it, old age is still old age. 
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It's important to have a twinkle in your wrinkle. 
~Author Unknown

There is no old age. There is, as there always was, just you.
~Carol Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment