Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 36

AGE QUOTES (36)



I never wanted to do TV. I just did what I was trained to do through the Special Forces, and I've been doing that from a very young age.
~Bear Grylls

The age we live in is a busy age; in which knowledge is rapidly advancing towards perfection.
~Jeremy Bentham

You can fake your age or mask it, but the passion that moves the characters has to be real.
~Victoria Abril

There are a lot of downsides to being male. We age faster and die younger. But give us this: we're lifetime baby-making machines. Women's reproductive abilities start to wane when they're as young as 35. Men? We're good to go pretty much till we're dead.
~Jeffrey Kluger

Credit or debit cards, for starters, are nothing short of shoppers' Novocain. Even in the age of digital purchases and virtual money, we still attach a special value to dirty paper with pictures of presidents on it. Handing some of that to a cashier simply hurts more than handing over a little sliver of plastic.
~Jeffrey Kluger

When it comes to raising civilized kids there are no hard rules, but there are two things on which most parents agree: Boys are generally wilder than girls, and adolescents are wilder than kids of any other age. If you've got an adolescent boy, you're in the sweet spot for trouble.
~Jeffrey Kluger

In the age of television, image becomes more important than substance.
~S. I. Hayakawa

There's also some element of coming of age during the Reagan administration, which everybody has painted as some glorious time in America, but I remember as being a very, very dark time. There was apocalypse in the air; the punk rock movement made sense.
~John Cusack

There's a small club of women who are willing to age.
~Debra Winger

People pay to see movies with women looking beautiful, but I think there will be a place for me to play women looking my own age.
~Debra Winger

I hope to find the roles that are age appropriate but not yearning to be younger, or parenting ad nauseam.
~Debra Winger

This is what I asked for, and in this day and age that's what actually goes on. But what hurts me the most is that I work just as hard as any other actress around my age, like Scarlett Johansson, but I just don't get the opportunities that they get because people are so distracted by the mess that I created in my life.
~Lindsay Lohan

Just call me a family man and an actor who digs his whole scene, side interests and all. Just say I feel mighty good at the ripe old age of 27.
~Bobby Darin

I want to be part of the resurgence of things that are tangible, beautiful and soulful, rather than just give in to the digital age. But when I talk to people about this they just say, 'Yeah, I know what you mean,' and stare at their mobiles.
~Jack White

Just as we reject racism, sexism, ageism, and heterosexism, we reject speciesism. The species of a sentient being is no more reason to deny the protection of this basic right than race, sex, age, or sexual orientation is a reason to deny membership in the human moral community to other humans.
~Gary L. Francione

The crucial task of old age is balance: keeping just well enough, just brave enough, just gay and interested and starkly honest enough to remain a sentient human being.
~Florida Scott-Maxwell

I hate the idea that you shouldn't wear something just because you're a certain age.
~Miuccia Prada

At the age of ten, I thought if a boy kissed you on the lips, you would have a baby, and I surely wasn't the only youngster who believed that!
~Ginger Rogers

I was born at the age of twelve on a Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer lot.
~Ed Koch

I will never give in to old age until I become old. And I'm not old yet!
~Tina Turner

What is amazing for a woman of my age is that I change as the world is changing-and changing very, very fast. I don't think my mother had that opportunity to change.
~Jeanne Moreau

I've watched my peers get better with age and hoped that would happen with me.
~Bonnie Raitt

Age is only a number, a cipher for the records. A man can't retire his experience. He must use it. Experience achieves more with less energy and time.
~Bernard Baruch

I've been going through photos of my mother, looking back on her life and trying to put it into context. Very few people age gracefully enough to be photographed through their aging.
~Jamie Lee Curtis

We Jews have a special attachment to the Book. The study of page after page in tomes yellowing with age was obligatory.
~Theodore Bikel

Having come to live in this age is as though one were to have entered another country. Learn its language or risk being left out.
~Theodore Bikel

I feel like a lot of the female relationships I see on TV or in movies are in some way free of the kind of jealousy and anxiety and posturing that has been such a huge part of my female friendships, which I hope lessens a little bit with age.
~Lena Dunham

I want to be age appropriate. I don't want to be that girl you see walking away and she looks 25 and then she turns around and she looks 90.
~Stevie Nicks

At the age of 20 I bought a used Fiat 127. This was the only one I could afford!
~Carlos Ghosn

I was always concerned with writing to my age at a particular moment. That was the way I would keep faith with the audience that supported me as I went along.
~Bruce Springsteen

No, but way before that, I've been doing little dances in movies for years. Yeah, that was an amazing chance. You know, at my age to be able to do a music dance video, very unusual.
~Christopher Walken

Second to agriculture, humbug is the biggest industry of our age.
~Alfred Nobel

Situational unawareness in the private marketplace or on the battlefield will cost you your livelihood or your life. In the Age of Obama, however, such willful ignorance is a job prerequisite. The less you know the better.
~Michelle Malkin

I can feel the 60S looming. In my profession, I've just moved along with my age. By thinking in decades, rather than whether someone's 42 or 47, you can give yourself a whole 10 years to turn yourself around in.
~Francesca Annis

I think women get caught up too much in having a plan - 'I'm going to get married at this age; I'm going to have a kid at this age' - and then they just try to find a guy who will fit into that picture. I don't want my life to be based on that.
~Julia Stiles

I am at that age when you panic at the slightest thing.
~Rupert Everett

I grew up on the golden age of children's TV.
~Edward Norton

In an age when the fashion is to be in love with yourself, confessing to be in love with somebody else is an admission of unfaithfulness to one's beloved.
~Russell Baker

From an early age, I knew I would be unhappy if I wasn't doing something creative.
~Grimes

In a secular age, an authentic miracle must purport to be a hoax, in order to gain credit in the world.
~Angela Carter

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment