Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Beauty Quotes and Sayings 19

BEAUTY QUOTES (19)



 You don't have to save the world, but you can be in the world-that's where the beauty comes from.
~Daphne Zuniga

Listening to my regular favourites - Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms and so on - I always feel, quite misguidedly, that nothing can be too bad if such beauty and brilliance exists in the world.
~Jane Asher

The beauty of a main title is that you establish your main theme and maybe a bit of your secondary theme. You plant the seed that you're going to go water later in the score. And so, having that removed just made it so much more difficult.
~Danny Elfman

The concept of active cooperation has taken the place of opposition to the new form of government and of dreamy resignation entranced with the beauty of times past.
~Gustav Stresemann

Beauty and the Beast became the first animated feature ever nominated for best picture.
~Leonard Maltin

'Beauty' is a currency system like the gold standard. Like any economy, it is determined by politics, and in the modern age in the West is is the last, best belief system that keeps male dominance intact.
~Naomi Wolf

Most urgently, women's identity must be premised upon our 'beauty' so that we will remain vulnerable to outside approval, carrying the vital sensitive organ of self-esteem exposed to the air.
~Naomi Wolf

I was always interested in fashion and beauty. I was fifteen when I was scouted in a flea market. Two years later, I arrived in New York. I was in awe because it was like another planet.
~Candice Swanepoel

I live by the philosophy that beauty starts from within, and I make a conscious effort to fill my body with nutrients through the food I eat.
~Miranda Kerr

The real beauty of it - key to my life was playing key chords on a banjo. For somebody else it may be a golf club that mom and dad put in their hands or a baseball or ballet lessons. Real gift to give to me and put it in writing.
~Vince Gill

Beauty is the result of having been through an experience all the way through to the end - therefore it has a poignancy. Beauty that is singular always comes from following an experience to the point where you can go no further.
~Joan Chen

Find beauty not only in the thing itself but in the pattern of the shadows, the light and dark which that thing provides.
~Junichiro Tanizaki

The auto industry must acknowledge that a rational transportation policy should seek a balance between individual convenience, the efficient use of limited resources, and urban-living values that protect spaciousness, natural beauty, and human-scale mobility.
~Stewart Udall

Beauty is subjective: Bette Davis wasn't beautiful, but she was more than beautiful.
~Jacques Audiard

There are values of humanity, culture, beauty, community that may require deviations from the cold logic of market theory.
~Anthony Lewis

Being nerdy just means being passionate about something, including everyone - the coolest people on Earth are passionate and therefore nerdy about something whatever it is, whether it's sports, or gaming, or technology, or fashion, or beauty, or food, or whatever.
~Zachary Levi

The lions taught me photography. They taught me patience and the sense of beauty, a beauty that penetrates you.
~Yann Arthus-Bertrand

The key of 'The Earth from Above,' and of 'Home' is to show the beauty of the planet, and thereby to promote love for it.
~Yann Arthus-Bertrand

It used to happen in villages and towns in China that they would have - I guess you'd call them beauty contests - where all of the women of a particular village or town would be seated behind these screens or curtains with only their feet showing.
~Lisa See

Unless action is taken soon - unless we can display the same vision of that earlier period - we will lose the treasure of California's open space and environmental beauty.
~Adam Schiff

Beauty is but a flower, which wrinkles will devour.
~Thomas Nash

Beauty is not everything!
~Chita Rivera

It is curious how, from time immemorial, man seems to have associated the idea of evil with beauty, shrunk from it with a sort of ghostly fear, while, at the same time drawn to it by force of its hypnotic attraction.
~Richard Le Gallienne

We also maintain - again with perfect truth - that mystery is more than half of beauty, the element of strangeness that stirs the senses through the imagination.
~Richard Le Gallienne

I think one of the things that language poets are very involved with is getting away from conventional ideas of beauty, because those ideas contain a certain attitude toward women, certain attitudes toward sex, certain attitudes toward race, etc.
~Diane Wakoski

Beauty can make you powerful in a way that isn't good for you. Being OK is better for the person I have become.
~Felicity Huffman

I look OK. I look better in person than I do on film, which is bad because it's how I make my living, but I am not a beauty and on balance I am glad.
~Felicity Huffman

Sometimes I think I might not have written 'The Age of Miracles' if I hadn't grown up in California, if I hadn't been exposed to its very particular blend of beauty and disaster, of danger and denial.
~Karen Thompson Walker

We live in a state with a wonderful climate and plenty of natural beauty, from the shores of Cumberland Island to the Chattahoochee River to the Blue Ridge Mountains.
~Roy Barnes

I always carry lip balm and lipstick. Lipstick is a very important beauty product because I find that lips are the most beautiful feature of anyone's face.
~Fan Binbing

Jeanne Moreau, Lauren Bacall, they had this unconventional beauty, this amazing charisma.
~Josephine de La Baume

The beauty of jazz is that it's malleable. People are addressing it to suit their own personalities.
~Pat Metheny

Here in L.A. the standard of beauty is kind of ridiculous. I want to be doing this when I'm in my fifties and sixties and this isn't what I'm going to look like.
~Rose Byrne

All I wanted was to connect my moods with those of Paris. Beauty paints and when it painted most, I shot.
~Ernst Haas

Are we changing the idea of what beauty is? Let's hope so. I'm not the typical Hollywood beauty. Let's hope we're looking at the insides of people a little more.
~Anne Heche

I don't believe in one ideal beauty.
~Zac Posen

We're the only major company in the U.S. that is solely in the professional beauty industry. We promised hairdressers when we started that we would stay with them. If I went retail tomorrow then we would be four times our size overnight, but I'm going to be the one guy who kept his word.
~John Paul DeJoria

Even in decline, a virtuous man increases the beauty of his behavior. A burning stick, though turned to the ground, has its flame drawn upwards.
~Saskya Pandita

The beauty of this country and what people participate in is the competitive nature that we allow to exist and the fact is that we are better because we have great competitors.
~Lee Scott

Truth isn't always beauty, but the hunger for it is.
~Nadine Gordimer

We need a balanced, long term energy policy to reduce our dependence on foreign oil and preserve the beauty of the land we love.
~Heather Wilson

My father always taught by telling stories about his experiences. His lessons were about morality and art and what insects and birds and human beings had in common. He told me what it meant to be a man and to be a Black man. He taught me about love and responsibility, about beauty, and how to make gumbo.
~Walter Mosley

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22)

No comments:

Post a Comment