Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Beauty Quotes and Sayings 15

BEAUTY QUOTES (15)



If I weren't performing, I'd be a beauty editor or a therapist. I love creativity, but I also love to help others. My mother was a hairstylist, and they listen to everyone's problems - like a beauty therapist!
~Beyonce Knowles

I believe that true beauty of chess is more than enough to satisfy all possible demands.
~Alexander Alekhine

Truth is a thing immortal and perpetual, and it gives to us a beauty that fades not away in time.
~Frank Norris

People don't associate red hair, pale skin, and freckles with beauty.
~Shirley Manson

If you see a Renaissance body, this is completely ugly in this time. Everybody has to be skinny. But the Renaissance body with incredible flow of the meat everywhere, it was beauty.
~Marina Abramovic

Asian people have a unique way about them and a different sense of beauty. It's exotic to me. I like they way Asians project their feelings. There's a hardness to the culture, but at the same time there's a delicateness.
~Paz Vega

People tend not to use this word beauty because it's not intellectual - but there has to be an overlap between beauty and intellect.
~Tadao Ando

Physical beauty isn't so impressive to me.
~Dita Von Teese

I love glamour and artificial beauty. I love the idea of artifice and dressing up and makeup and hair.
~Dita Von Teese

Familiarity is a magician that is cruel to beauty but kind to ugliness.
~Ouida

I love the game, it's the greatest game on earth, that's why I can't understand all of this talk about trying to make the game better. People talk about the high strike zone and changing this and that. Why? To speed up the game? That's the beauty of baseball. There is no time element.
~Eric Davis

She gave up beauty in her tender youth, gave all her hope and joy and pleasant ways; she covered up her eyes lest they should gaze on vanity, and chose the bitter truth.
~Christina Rossetti

There's no such thing is aging, but maturing and knowledge. It's beautiful, I call that beauty.
~Celine Dion

Oh who can tell the range of joy or set the bounds of beauty?
~Sara Teasdale

The beauty about the D-list is that people who are on it probably don't know they are.
~Kathy Griffin

Beauty of expression is so akin to the voice of the sea.
~George Matthew Adams

Now we have technology where we can modify the genomics of individuals by gene transfer and genetic meddling, we may find that people will want to modify their children, enhance their intelligence, their strength and their beauty and all the other so-called desirable characteristics.
~Robert Winston

I'm only wanted by directors for the image I give off, and it makes me angry. I always wanted to be an actor and not a beauty pageant winner.
~Jude Law

I am a great lover of art, in many forms: paintings, objets, textiles. I don't have the talent for painting, but I have a very good sense of colour, a love of visual beauty.
~Jacqueline Bisset

Who among us has never looked up into the heavens on a starlit night, lost in wonder at the vastness of space and the beauty of the stars?
~Jeb Bush

With guys I revere, like Marcus Garvey or Malcolm X, their look is less about style than purpose and the expression of beauty. It wasn't just about being noticed, you know?
~Mos Def

I always loved aesthetics. Not particularly fashion, but an idea of beauty.
~Miuccia Prada

Our situation today shows that beauty demands for itself at least as much courage and decision as do truth and goodness, and she will not allow herself to be separated and banned from her two sisters without taking them along with herself in an act of mysterious vengeance.
~Hans Urs von Balthasar

Beauty, like truth, is relative to the time when one lives and to the individual who can grasp it. The expression of beauty is in direct ratio to the power of conception the artist has acquired.
~Gustave Courbet

Well the beauty of 'Iyanla: Fix My Life' is that men are in every show. To our surprise, some of the deepest healing demonstrations have been with the men - the sons, the fathers, the husbands - because they agree to participate with the wife or the daughter or whatever it is we are looking at, and it is there.
~Iyanla Vanzant

We no longer dare to believe in beauty and we make of it a mere appearance in order the more easily to dispose of it.
~Hans Urs von Balthasar

There's a beauty in being part of a band, when there's equality and trust.
~Scott Weiland

I think we should all be tolerant of each other and embrace each others' strengths and differences and uniqueness and beauty.
~Martina McBride

My idea of beauty is somebody that doesn't have to try too much, someone who is effortless and fresh.
~Jessica Ennis

I tried for a while to be an agricultural worker and was hopelessly bored. To me it was meaningless. I would stand around in heaps of manure and sings about the beauty of the work I wasn't doing.
~Theodore Bikel

I tried for a while to be an agricultural worker and was hopelessly bored. I would stand around in heaps of manure and sing about the beauty of the work I wasn't doing.
~Theodore Bikel

There will always be a desire for something new, fresh and innovative, as well as a yearning and respect for timeless elegance and beauty.
~Helena Christensen

Doors open because you're beautiful, but I wouldn't cultivate beauty to the exclusion of brains.
~Tia Carrere

Beauty lasts five minutes. Maybe longer if you have a good plastic surgeon.
~Tia Carrere

I think the beauty looks I most regret are those I was persuaded into.
~Dita Von Teese

My beauty icons are women whose images are self-created.
~Dita Von Teese

I really believe that beauty comes from health - sensible eating and exercise.
~Dita Von Teese

I really wanted there to be something in my life that I enjoy just for the beauty of it.
~Robert Caro

We have magnificent brains, but we use a great deal of our brilliance to keep ourselves stuck and ignorant, to keep ourselves from not shining. We are so afraid of our beauty and radiance and brilliance because it scared the adults around us when we were children.
~Patricia Sun

Now, I'm not saying I'm fashionable, but there are sociological interests that matter to me, things that are theoretical, political, intellectual and also concerned with vanity and beauty that we all think about but that I try to mix up and translate into fashion.
~Miuccia Prada

That's the beauty of being a comedian - it's the one job you're allowed to do that. We're lucky. We're really lucky.
~Colin Quinn

Not longer loved or fostered by religion, beauty is lifted from its face as a mask, and its absence exposes features on that face which threaten to become incomprehensible to man.
~Hans Urs von Balthasar

I have girls who are concerned about how they look compared to models or what have you. It's my responsibility to teach them that beauty is more than superficial.
~Martina McBride

No eyes that have seen beauty ever lose their sight.
~Jean Toomer

I learned the truth at seventeen, That love was meant for beauty queens, And high school girls with clear skinned smiles, Who married young and then retired.
~Janis Ian

Who knows better than artists how much ugliness there is on the way to beauty, how many ghastly, mortifying missteps, how many days of granitic blockheadedness and dismaying ineptitude there is on the way to accomplishment, how partial all accomplishment is, how incomplete?
~Tony Kushner

The difference between utility and utility plus beauty is the difference between telephone wires and the spider web.
~Edwin Way Teale

If the world could remain within a frame like a painting on the wall, I think we'd see the beauty then and stand staring in awe.
~Conor Oberst

I have a real passion for many aspects of home lifestyle and beauty.
~Rachel Roy

Smart beauty is about looking your best and feeling your best and never overpaying for it.
~Stacy London

The key to personal style is understanding your individual beauty enough to know which looks will work for you and which probably won't.
~Stacy London

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
~Oliver Platt

The idea that happiness could have a share in beauty would be too much of a good thing.
~Walter Benjamin

Art ought never to be considered except in its relations with its ideal beauty.
~Alfred de Vigny

No comments:

Post a Comment