Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Beauty Quotes and Sayings 10

BEAUTY QUOTES (10)



There is no racial or ethnic involvement in Thanksgiving, and people who may be very distant from the Christian system can see the beauty and the positive spirit that comes from the holiday.
~John Clayton

I find beauty in the grotesque, like most artists.
~Alexander McQueen

I think everybody should focus on inner beauty.
~Paloma Faith

Beauty opened all the doors; it got me things I didn't even know I wanted, and things I certainly didn't deserve.
~Janice Dickinson

What saddens me is the corruption of youth and beauty, and the loss of soul, which is only replaced by money.
~Lisa Bonet

The beauty of 'spacing' children many years apart lies in the fact that parents have time to learn the mistakes that were made with the older ones - which permits them to make exactly the opposite mistakes with the younger ones.
~Sydney J. Harris

Standards of beauty are arbitrary. Body shame exists only to the extent that our physiques don't match our own beliefs about how we should look.
~Martha Beck

Beyond the beauty, the sex, the titillation, the surface, there is a human being. And that has to emerge.
~Jeanne Moreau

When I think of art I think of beauty. Beauty is the mystery of life. It is not in the eye it is in the mind. In our minds there is awareness of perfection.
~Agnes Martin

What I like about cities is that everything is king size, the beauty and the ugliness.
~Joseph Brodsky

Most women are dissatisfied with their appearance - it's the stuff that fuels the beauty and fashion industries.
~Annie Lennox

I didn't have any confidence in my beauty when I was young. I felt like a character actress, and I still do.
~Meryl Streep

You fall into my arms. You are the good gift of destruction's path, When life sickens more than disease. And boldness is the root of beauty. Which draws us together.
~Boris Pasternak

Art is the unceasing effort to compete with the beauty of flowers - and never succeeding.
~Gian Carlo Menotti

I really admire a woman for her intelligence, her personality. Beauty is not enough.
~Roberto Cavalli

My beauty secret is absolutely no sun.
~Vivienne Westwood

Order is the shape upon which beauty depends.
~Pearl S. Buck

Beauty is a relation, and the apprehension of it a comparison.
~Gerard Manley Hopkins

Italian men do appreciate beautiful women. They're not afraid of the beauty, which is nice.
~Eva Herzigova

I would like to say to people, open your eyes and find beauty where you normally don't expect it.
~Jean Paul Gaultier

Rarely do great beauty and great virtue dwell together.
~Petrarch

But I think it is a serious issue to wonder about the other platonic absolutes of say beauty and morality.
~Roger Penrose

The 1990s, after the reign of terror of academic vandalism, will be a decade of restoration: restoration of meaning, value, beauty, pleasure, and emotion to art and restoration of art to its audience.
~Camille Paglia

I believe that history has shape, order, and meaning; that exceptional men, as much as economic forces, produce change; and that passe abstractions like beauty, nobility, and greatness have a shifting but continuing validity.
~Camille Paglia

I pretty much borrow my entire beauty regime from my mom.
~Rashida Jones

Ads featuring real women and real beauty are such a necessary component to offset the potentially dangerous programming out there for little girls.
~Rashida Jones

Art is beauty, the perpetual invention of detail, the choice of words, the exquisite care of execution.
~Theophile Gautier

Do not confuse beauty with beautiful. Beautiful is a human judgment. Beauty is All. The difference is everything.
~Matthew Fox

I've actually spent a lot of time researching beauty products, how they are produced and how they are sold.
~Lauren Conrad

I don't get anything for free. I pay for all my beauty treatments.
~Jennifer Lopez

Beauty, to me is about being comfortable in your own skin.
~Gwyneth Paltrow

Beauty and fullness of tone can be achieved by having the whole orchestra play with high clarinets and a carefully selected number of piccolos.
~Gustav Mahler

Beauty is composed of an eternal, invariable element whose quantity is extremely difficult to determine, and a relative element which might be, either by turns or all at once, period, fashion, moral, passion.
~Jean-Luc Godard

Art requires philosophy, just as philosophy requires art. Otherwise, what would become of beauty?
~Paul Gauguin

The past itself, as historical change continues to accelerate, has become the most surreal of subjects - making it possible... to see a new beauty in what is vanishing.
~Susan Sontag

We come in many different shapes and sizes, and we need to support each other and our differences. Our beauty is in our differences.
~Carre Otis

We have been educated into believing someone else's concept of the deity, and someone else's standard of beauty. You have the right to practice any religion and politics in a way that best suits your freedom, your dignity, and your understanding. And once you do that, you don't apologize.
~John Henrik Clarke

But the gravest difficulty, and perhaps the most important, in poetry meant solely for recitation, is the difficulty of achieving verbal beauty, or rather of making verbal beauty tell.
~Lascelles Abercrombie

Shame, like beauty, is often in the eye of the beholder.
~Julie Burchill

What sort of sap doesn't know by now that picture-perfect beauty is all done with smoke and mirrors anyway?
~Julie Burchill

Surely being a Professional Beauty - let alone an ageing one - is one of the most insecure and doomed careers imaginable.
~Julie Burchill

Beauty is not just physical.
~Halle Berry

For the mind disturbed, the still beauty of dawn is nature's finest balm.
~Edwin Way Teale

I'm really proud of myself because I've pared my beauty regimen down to a cream blush and berry-tinted lip balm, which has saved me so much time.
~Katherine Heigl

Women are so unforgiving of themselves. We don't recognize our own beauty because we're too busy comparing ourselves to other people.
~Kelly Osbourne

When you are balanced and when you listen and attend to the needs of your body, mind, and spirit, your natural beauty comes out.
~Christy Turlington

Jordan has a strange, haunting beauty and a sense of timelessness. Dotted with the ruins of empires once great, it is the last resort of yesterday in the world of tomorrow. I love every inch of it.
~King Hussein I

Beauty and the devil are the same thing.
~Robert Mapplethorpe

Often, the roles I'm offered in England are melancholic women who are filled with regret for the past, regret for their fading beauty.
~Kristin Scott Thomas

I didn't appreciate the young woman that I was, or my young beauty, because I was so obsessed with the fact that I felt fat. It's never good to add to anybody else's suffering. It's an important topic to really get the gravity and the importance of - dealing with dignity.
~Margaret Cho

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22)

No comments:

Post a Comment