Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Beauty Quotes and Sayings 18

BEAUTY QUOTES (18)



I am positive I was not a neglected child. I remember reading 'The Jungle Book' and 'The Sleeping Beauty.'
~Keri Russell

And for me, the real world involves everything: risk, danger, beauty, energy, all we meet with in the real world.
~Christo

I envy the sensibility in Europe, appreciating beauty in women as they age. I'm going to go that way. I might dye my gray hair for a bit, but beyond that the buck stops. I'm not having any work done.
~Rachel Bilson

I needed to be in the bush. There I find solitude and beauty and purity and focus. That's where my heart lies.
~Mark Burnett

I hold that the perfection of form and beauty is contained in the sum of all men.
~Albrecht Durer

No single man can be taken as a model for a perfect figure, for no man lives on earth who is endowed with the whole of beauty.
~Albrecht Durer

The beauty of doing film is that you construct whatever you do block by block and you can build something that will stay.
~Michel Gondry

The New York City Ballet is obviously speaking to a whole new generation and bringing it the same wonder and beauty that it brought previous generations.
~Robert Caro

I appreciate simplicity, true beauty that lasts over time, and a little wit and eclecticism that make life more fun.
~Elliott Erwitt

The thought came to me that all one loves in art becomes beautiful. Beauty is nothing but the expression of the fact that something is being loved. Only thus could she be defined.
~Robert Musil

I have learned that acting is not about beauty.
~Vincent Cassel

That's the beauty of music. You can take a theme from a Bach sacred chorale and improvise. It doesn't make any difference where the theme comes from; the treatment of it can be jazz.
~Dave Brubeck

I didn't grow up identifying with beauty. I grew up thinking I could be smart and funny - those are the things I got feedback on.
~Lauren Graham

Americans worship creativity the way they worship physical beauty - as a way of enjoying elitism without guilt: God did it.
~Florence King

I had a lot of resentment for a while toward Kim Novak. But I don't mind her anymore. She's okay. We've become friends. I even asked her before this trip for some beauty tips.
~Kim Novak

This whole beauty thing is something I've never comprehended.
~Pam Grier

There are many pointers in the Bible concerning the rightness, the goodness, the beauty, the justice, the preciousness of racial harmony and diversity.
~John Piper

Beauty is the oracle that speaks to us all.
~Luis Barragan

Part of the beauty of fiction is that we come alive in a body that we don't own.
~Colum McCann

Comics are so full of amazing work. And I can't look at a drawing of a woman without thinking of, for instance, Wallace Wood and his amazing way of capturing beauty.
~Frank Miller

I have a talent for happiness. I look with the eyes of a painter, and I see beauty.
~Sylvia Kristel

I love my beauty. It's not my fault.
~Valentino Garavani

Personal beauty is a greater recommendation than any letter of reference.
~Fanny Brice  

Every article on these islands has an almost personal character, which gives this simple life, where all art is unknown, something of the artistic beauty of medieval life.
~John Millington Synge

We say we want to create beauty, identity, quality, singularity. And yet, maybe in truth these cities that we have are desired. Maybe their very characterlessness provides the best context for living.
~Rem Koolhaas

But when I was twelve years old I caught my first strong glimpse of one of the fundamental forces of existence, whose votary I was destined to be for life - namely, Beauty.
~Georg Brandes

This is so cliche, but my beauty icon would have to be Angelina Jolie. She looks like she wears natural makeup, but she's still beautiful.
~Tila Tequila

As for everything else, so for a mathematical theory: beauty can be perceived but not explained.
~Arthur Cayley

When I speak of the beauty of a game of chess, then naturally this is subjective. Beauty can be found in a very technical, mathematical game for example. That is the beauty of clarity.
~Vladimir Kramnik

I am very much against makeup and high heels and all that we inherit as 'beauty.'
~Nawal El Saadawi

To me, 'beauty' means to be natural, creative, honest - to say the truth.
~Nawal El Saadawi

Beauty and the Beast seemed like it all was really brown. The whole thing was just so brown and orange and yellow, like Burger King or something. I don't think I would have liked Beauty and the Beast at any age.
~Mike Judge

The leading edge in evidence presentation is in science; the leading edge in beauty is in high art.
~Edward Tufte

Congress has an obligation to protect our country's natural beauty, embodied in our nation's parks, rivers, and breathtaking landscapes.
~Dave Reichert

I can't imagine it if beauty was the only currency I used as an actress. It just doesn't interest me.
~Hayley Atwell

Many attempts have been made by writers on art and poetry to define beauty in the abstract, to express it in the most general terms, to find some universal formula for it.
~Walter Pater

Such discussions help us very little to enjoy what has been well done in art or poetry, to discriminate between what is more and what is less excellent in them, or to use words like beauty, excellence, art, poetry, with a more precise meaning than they would otherwise have.
~Walter Pater

What is important, then, is not that the critic should possess a correct abstract definition of beauty for the intellect, but a certain kind of temperament, the power of being deeply moved by the presence of beautiful objects.
~Walter Pater

One of the most beautiful passages of Rousseau is that in the sixth book of Confessions, where he describes the awakening in him of the literary sense. Of such wisdom, the poetic passion, the desire of beauty, the love of art for its own sake, has most.
~Walter Pater

I was always anti-marriage. I didn't understand monogamy. I couldn't figure out how that could last. And then I met Bryn and I started to understand the beauty of constancy and history and change and going on the roller coaster with someone - of having a partner in life.
~Maria Bello

Poetry and beauty are always making peace. When you read something beautiful you find coexistence; it breaks walls down.
~Mahmoud Darwish

I know as an actor there is a certain liberation auditioning for a role that has no beauty requirements.
~Mireille Enos

Art is built on the deepest themes of human meaning: good and evil, beauty and ugliness, life and death, love and hate. No other story has incarnated those themes more than the story of Jesus.
~John Ortberg

Beauty, sweet love, is like the morning dew, Whose short refresh upon tender green, Cheers for a time, but till the sun doth show And straight is gone, as it had never been.
~Samuel Daniel

One of my favorite beauty products is Vincent Longo Water Canvas creamy blush. I have it in every color and I've been using it for 5 years and that's all I put on when I leave the house. It looks so natural I just put a little bit on my cheeks to give them some color.
~Alessandra Ambrosio

Maybe I'm old-fashioned. But I remember the beauty and thrill of being moved by Broadway musicals - particularly the endings of shows.
~Marvin Hamlisch

The beauty of golf, you're in charge out here.
~Mike Weir

I have to hit the gym. I have beauty appointments. I have to work toward my next job and maintaining my image, just like an athlete.
~Linda Evangelista

On one hand I am this weird androgynous tomboy where I'm strangely low maintenance and have a five-minute makeup regimen. On the other I'm obsessed with all things beauty, from skin care to makeup.
~Rachel Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment