Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Beauty Quotes and Sayings 16

BEAUTY QUOTES (16)



I do take very good care of myself, and I'm always in love. And by that I mean I have an appetite for life. I'm in love with beauty and things and people and love and being in love, and those things I think, on the inside, show on the outside.
~Gloria Vanderbilt

The beauty we love is very silent. It smiles softly to itself, but never speaks.
~Richard Le Gallienne

Music, art, theater. I'm just a big fan of beauty.
~Jerry Hall

I think the 1970s will always be the decade for me. Obviously, I grew up in that era, but the beauty standard was touchable, kissable.
~Tom Ford

I used to wear a lot of red lipstick, and when I got a pimple, I'd cover it up with eyeliner to turn it into a beauty mark.
~Selma Blair

I'm flatchested, I'm short, I'm brunette, I have droopy eyes, and so people have a hard time casting me as a 'beauty.'
~Selma Blair

I'm not trying to stump anybody... it's the beauty of the language that I'm interested in.
~Buddy Holly

Remarkable contributions are typically spawned by a passionate commitment to transcendent values such as beauty, truth, wisdom, justice, charity, fidelity, joy, courage and honor.
~Gary Hamel

I had seen the ballet of 'Swan Lake' as a child but it was as an adult, when I saw a production featuring Erik Bruhn, that I first noticed how significant a part the ever-present threat of violence played. This juxtaposition of great beauty and grace with a backdrop of pure evil stayed with me for years.
Walter Dean Myers
Great, Evil, Violence
At an early age I discovered the beauty in pictures in 'Vogue' magazine and Ebony magazine, and I would read 'The New York Times.' I had to make my own world within my world because I was an only child.
~Andre Leon Talley

I like the idea of being warm and secure. That's what home should be. That you have a sense of warmth, security, love, and you love the things around you and surround yourself with beauty.
~Andre Leon Talley

One night I'll be in Los Angeles and it'll be a Latin crowd, and then another night I'll go to Fresno and it'll be an all-black crowd. To me, that's the beauty of the music.
~Pitbull

There's a difference between beauty and charm. A beautiful woman is one I notice. A charming woman is one who notices me.
~John Erskine

Beauty comes from the inside.
~Kathy Ireland

The expression of beauty is in direct ratio to the power of conception the artist has acquired.
~Gustave Courbet

All things are perceived in the light of charity, and hence under the aspect of beauty; for beauty is simply reality seen with the eyes of love.
~Evelyn Underhill

The pattern of a newspaperman's life is like the plot of 'Black Beauty.' Sometimes he finds a kind master who gives him a dry stall and an occasional bran mash in the form of a Christmas bonus, sometimes he falls into the hands of a mean owner who drives him in spite of spavins and expects him to live on potato peelings.
~A. J. Liebling

Solitude has its own very strange beauty to it.
~Liv Tyler

I mean the beauty of being a writer is it's not like being a swimmer. When they were talking about our Olympic swimmers and they'd say, 'Oh she's so old,' and she's all of 25 or something. So the beauty for a writer is that you can keep doing it right into your dotage, and I hope to be able to keep doing it as long as I can get away with it, yeah.
~Geraldine Brooks

I remember reminding myself that beauty is an opinion, not a fact. And it has always made me feel better.
~Hayden Panettiere

A few years ago I lost 30 pounds, and people still wanted to criticize. And honestly, I'm happy with myself if I'm a little heavier. I realized: 'Why am I trying to conform to someone else's idea of beauty?' I think I'm beautiful either way.
~Khloe Kardashian

The English Bible - a book which, if everything else in our language should perish, would alone suffice to show the whole extent of its beauty and power.
~Thomas B. Macaulay

Beauty at 70 years old isn't the same as beauty at 20 years old, but it is stunning nonetheless.
~Victoria Moran

Beauty seen is never lost, God's colors all are fast.
~John Greenleaf Whittier

I think beauty comes from within. If you're happy and look at life in the best way you can, even when there are problems, it can make you beautiful on the outside.
~Faith Hill

Being proud of who we are as people is more important than cutting into ourselves to create this false idea of beauty.
~Isla Fisher

Aesthetics - rather than reason - shapes our thought processes. First comes aesthetics, then logic. 'Thinking in Numbers' is not about an attempt to impress the reader but to include the reader, draw the reader in, by explaining my experiences - the beauty I feel in a prime number, for example.
~Daniel Tammet

My mother is not a model. She is not perfect. That awareness is part of learning to love someone. Predicting the actions of someone is an act of love. We persist, even when we get it wrong. That's the beauty of love.
~Daniel Tammet

But the beauty of Einstein's equations, for example, is just as real to anyone who's experienced it as the beauty of music. We've learned in the 20th century that the equations that work have inner harmony.
~Edward Witten

An aria in an opera - Handel's 'Ombra mai fu,' for example - gets along with an incredibly small number of words and ideas and a large amount of variation and repetition. That's the beauty of it. It's not taxing to the listener's intelligence because if you haven't heard it the first time round, it'll come around again.
~James Fenton

What I want, when I write a poem, is no more than this: that it be preserved in some published form so that, in principle, someone, somewhere, will be able to find it and read it. That is all I need, as a poet, and that is the beauty, the luxury of my position. My lyric is mine and remains mine. Nobody can ruin it.
~James Fenton

Writing for the page is only one form of writing for the eye. Wherever solemn inscriptions are put up in public places, there is a sense that the site and the occasion demand a form of writing which goes beyond plain informative prose. Each word is so valued that the letters forming it are seen as objects of solemn beauty.
~James Fenton

As a girl, you're supposed to love Sleeping Beauty. I mean, who wants to love Sleeping Beauty when you can be Aladdin?
~Ellen Page

My mama told me in college, 'I love you, and you're God's child, but natural beauty will only take you so far.'
~Robin Roberts

When someone says something in an interview, the beauty of Twitter is that it's a platform for instantaneous response.
~Damon Lindelof

Everyday life is like programming, I guess. If you love something you can put beauty into it.
~Donald Knuth

For me, a page of good prose is where one hears the rain and the noise of battle. It has the power to give grief or universality that lends it a youthful beauty.
~John Cheever

My daily beauty regimen is definitely always in the mornings, and at night, always washing my face with a basic cleanser. I also use a moisturizer with SPF to follow up.
~Shay Mitchell

I believe every chess player senses beauty, when he succeeds in creating situations, which contradict the expectations and the rules, and he succeeds in mastering this situation.
~Vladimir Kramnik

The development of beauty in chess never depends on you alone. No matter how much imagination and creativity you invest, you still do not create beauty. Your opponent must react at the same highest level.
~Vladimir Kramnik

As a mom, I don't have much time for beauty.
~Idina Menzel

Every decently-made object, from a house to a lamp post to a bridge, spoon or egg cup, is not just a piece of 'stuff' but a physical embodiment of human energy, testimony to the magical ability of our species to take raw materials and turn them into things of use, value and beauty.
~Kevin McCloud

When I was going through puberty, I had all these feelings of being unstable through those years, and being uncontrollably drawn to things of beauty and things that are bad.
~Park Chan-wook

It's not fair the emphasis put on beauty, or on sexuality.
~Rosanna Arquette

I believe it's time that women truly owned their superpowers and used their beauty and strength to change the world around them.
~Janelle Monae

I'm still figuring out why people would want to look at me. Maybe it's generic beauty, but it's weird to be valued for something I was born with.
~Josie Maran

The beauty of our democracy lies in the American value of equality: if you vote, you have a seat at the table. If you speak, you have a chance to persuade others. A billionaire and a minimum wage earner have the same power at the ballot box.
~Christine Pelosi

It's just poetry, beauty and love. How hard can that be to act?
~Robin Wright

The reason that the all-American boy prefers beauty to brains is that he can see better than he can think.
~Farrah Fawcett

People see you as an object, not as a person, and they project a set of expectations onto you. People who don't have it think beauty is a blessing, but actually it sets you apart.
~Candice Bergen

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22)

No comments:

Post a Comment