Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Beauty Quotes and Sayings 17

BEAUTY QUOTES (17)



Avon invented the concept of direct marketing and direct selling beauty. And that's still very valid to us. We'll have a firm that will be around for another 114 years as strongly as it was the first 114.
~Andrea Jung

I am thrilled to be able to bring my vision of beauty to others who may be inspired by it.
~Carol Alt

I've developed into quite a swan. I'm one of those people that will probably look better and better as I get older until I drop dead of beauty.
~Rufus Wainwright

Poetry; a criticism of life under the conditions fixed for such a criticism by the laws of poetic truth and poetic beauty.
~Matthew Arnold

One of the basic things about a string is that it can vibrate in many different shapes or forms, which gives music its beauty.
~Edward Witten

It's not like I'm sitting at home coming up with some secret beauty plan.
~Lara Stone

I'm always suspicious of really beautiful women telling us we shouldn't be worried about beauty.
~Susan Estrich

Proportions are what makes the old Greek temples classic in their beauty. They are like huge blocks, from which the air has been literally hewn out between the columns.
~Arne Jacobsen

I cannot go to Montreal without going to Beauty's, my favorite place for breakfast, where I have the Mish-Mash omelet with hot dogs, salami, eggs, green peppers, and onions, and the best banana bread in the world. It's legendary!
~Gail Simmons

My duty is to try to reach beauty. Cinema is emotion. When you laugh you cry.
~Roberto Benigni

If our hearts are ready for anything, we are touched by the beauty and poetry and mystery that fill our world.
~Tara Brach

I recognize in thieves, traitors and murderers, in the ruthless and the cunning, a deep beauty - a sunken beauty.
~Jean Genet

Beauty is produced by the pleasing appearance and good taste of the whole, and by the dimensions of all the parts being duly proportioned to each other.
~Vitruvius

It is, finally, a word is untimely in three different senses, and bearing it as one's treasure will not win one anyone's favours; one rather risks finding oneself outside everyone's camp... Beauty is the word that shall be our first.
~Hans Urs von Balthasar

Remember always that the composer's pen is still mightier than the bow of the violinist; in you lie all the possibilities of the creation of beauty.
~John Philip Sousa

Grand opera is the most powerful of stage appeals and that almost entirely through the beauty of music.
~John Philip Sousa

Music, as many people have said, is the universal language. Of course points are made which make you think about things, but ultimately it makes you feel. And that's why people remember more songs that have meant something during their life than films. They start to define periods in your life, and that's kind of the beauty of it.
~Scott Weiland

When you are at the bottom, you find beauty in such little things, and goodness in such little gestures. When I compare any struggle today to ones that I may have had in my childhood, there is nothing that can bring me down.
~Natalia Vodianova

Even if you play perfectly, a fault of your opponent's can destroy the entire beauty of the game.
~Vladimir Kramnik

~I do not see any beauty in self-restraint.

That brings me to Dennis Ritchie. Our collaboration has been a thing of beauty.
~Ken Thompson

I thought of Paris as a beauty spot on the face of the earth, and of London as a big freckle.
~James Weldon Johnson

I know that I've got big ears and a big forehead and that my hair sticks up. But I'm happy with myself. I'm not necessarily trying to win a beauty pageant here.
~Clay Aiken

If you do something that you're proud of, that someone else understands, that is a thing of beauty that wasn't there before - you can't beat that.
~Teller

We tell them that we believe it will be beautiful because that is our specialty, we only create joy and beauty. We have never done a sad work. Through the drawings, we hope a majority will be able to visualize it.
~Christo

My theory of characterization is basically this: Put some dirt on a hero, and put some sunshine on the villain, one brush stroke of beauty on the villain.
~Justin Cronin

A woman's beauty is one of her great missions.
~Richard Le Gallienne

So, we just kind of created our own thing and that's part of the beauty of Athens: is that it's so off the map and there's no way you could ever be the East Village or an L.A. scene or a San Francisco scene, that it just became its own thing.
~Michael Stipe

A sculptor wields The chisel, and the stricken marble grows To beauty.
~William C. Bryant

The pursuit of beauty is much more dangerous nonsense than the pursuit of truth or goodness, because it affords a stronger temptation to the ego.
~Northrop Frye

In the 19th century, you had bourgeois art without politics - an almost frozen idea of what beauty is.
~Douglas Sirk

Whereas religious prayers sing of peace and harmony, religion has divided human beings through an atrocious history of enmity and bloodshed. Yet, behind the veil of superficiality and hypocrisy, I always believed in the inherent beauty of God that lies at the essence of all true spiritual paths.
~Radhanath Swami

Pastry is different from cooking because you have to consider the chemistry, beauty and flavor. It's not just sugar and eggs thrown together. I tell my pastry chefs to be in tune for all of this. You have to be challenged by using secret or unusual ingredients.
~Ron Ben-Israel

When I was a seminarian, I was dazzled by a girl I met at an uncle's wedding. I was surprised by her beauty, her intellectual brilliance... and, well, I was bowled over for quite a while.
~Pope Francis

Never once does 'Snow White' herself look in the mirror so she isn't aware of her beauty or what apparently that does to people. It's really just the queen and the prince that talk about it.
~Lily Collins

One must learn, if one is to see the beauty in Japan, to like an extraordinarily restrained and delicate loveliness.
~Miriam Beard

Let your watchword be order and your beacon beauty.
~Daniel Burnham

I don't have any beauty shop memories. I remember the barber shop.
~Jenifer Lewis

We didn't have a beauty shop as I grew up.
~Jenifer Lewis

Beauty has been democratised. No longer the preserve of movie stars and models but available to all. But while the invitation to beauty is welcomed, it has become not so much an option as an imperative.
~Susie Orbach

The real message of the Dance opens up the vistas of life to all who have the urge to express beauty with no other instrument than their own bodies, with no apparatus and no dependence on anything other than space.
~Ruth St. Denis

I just wanted to see every single musical I could. The very first one I saw was 'Beauty and the Beast,' the only one I could get tickets for, and then 'Les Miserables' and then 'Chicago.'
~America Ferrera

Everywhere people are at work to build a better world in which we - and some of the beauty of this world - will be guaranteed to survive. Everywhere they are at war with the forces threatening us and the planet.
~Rebecca Solnit

Beauty, the eternal Spouse of the Wisdom of God and Angel of his Presence thru' all creation.
~Robert Bridges

The beauty of voice-over work is that maybe you come in and record once every two weeks for a couple of hours and do a couple episodes a session. It's awesome! You spend an afternoon playing in the booth, and there you have it. It doesn't interfere with much.
~Emmanuelle Chriqui

My mom was an aesthetician and she went to beauty school back in the '60s. I just remember watching her do her makeup all the time. She always had her nails done, makeup on - her face was ready to go when she went out. I loved it.
~Emmanuelle Chriqui

There is beauty when something works and it works intuitively.
~Jonathan Ive

I love fashion, beauty, glamour. It's the mark of civilisation.
~David LaChapelle

It seems that if one is working from the point of view of getting beauty in one's equations, and if one has really a sound insight, one is on a sure line of progress.
~Paul Dirac

Wit is more necessary than beauty; and I think no young woman ugly that has it, and no handsome woman agreeable without it.
~William Wycherley

Form follows beauty.
~Oscar Niemeyer

For me beauty is valued more than anything - the beauty that is manifest in a curved line or in an act of creativity.
~Oscar Niemeyer

My work is not about 'form follows function,' but 'form follows beauty' or, even better, 'form follows feminine.'
~Oscar Niemeyer

Search for beauty without features, something deeper than any signs.
~Francesca da Rimini 

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22)

No comments:

Post a Comment