Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Birthday Quotes and Sayings 4

BIRTHDAY QUOTES (4)


I worked at an ice cream parlor called Chadwicks. We wore old-timey outfits and had to bang a drum, play a kazoo, and sing 'Happy Birthday' to people while giving them free birthday sundaes. Lots of ice cream scooping and $1 tips.
~Amy Poehler

We didn't have a whole lot of money when I was growing up either. I would always ask for magic books or magic tricks for my birthday or for Christmas and the rest of the year I either had to mow lawns or find part time jobs to help supplement the cost of doing magic.
~Lance Burton

I want to say that probably 24 hours after I told CBS that I was stepping down at my 65th birthday, I was already regretting it. And I regretted it every day since.
~Walter Cronkite

I lost twins at 14 weeks, and I had to have an D and C on my birthday.
~Amy Weber

Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It's all about the memories.
~Buddy Valastro

With my daughter, we do arts and crafts, we read a lot, we listen to music, and we cut the strings off balloons and bounce them around after birthday parties.
~Lisa Loeb

Why, on my mother's birthday, am I thinking about 'Father Knows Best?' At our house, mother knew best at least as often as father did, but then the title of the old sitcom, a homogenized portrait of American family life, was meant to be slightly sardonic.
~Tom Shales

I always wanted to shave. It is a very natural process. For my birthday I got a lot of shaving stuff.
~Chaz Bono

On my birthday, I was in Milan for the collections.
~Eva Herzigova

I get uncomfortable when people give me presents and watch me open them. I don't have birthday parties, because the idea of a group of people singing and looking at me while I'm blowing out candles gives me hives.
~Brit Marling

I was fired at the pinnacle of my career, on my 39th birthday. And in the year that followed, I learned that there are many psychological phases of being 'let go.'
~Mika Brzezinski

I'm trying to get the record that I made at my birthday party last year, trying to get that out, and the lawyers are diddling around with it and it probably won't be out until next year. I don't know.
~Marian McPartland

I love photography. My boyfriend's got a great camera, which I bought for his birthday.
~Sarah Sutton

I filed a brief as a friend of the court in the U. of Michigan to keep affirmative action at the U. of Michigan, which I attended the law school. And I was one of the original sponsors of making the Martin Luther King birthday a federal holiday.
~Dick Gephardt

I hate birthdays. I thought that I only hated my own birthday, and then I realized that I hate my children's birthdays too.
~Samantha Bee

I can put my legs behind my head and sing 'Happy Birthday.' Because that's something that me and my friends used to do when we were in gymnastics class as kids, and I can still do it. I was doing it since I was 8 and 9. They used to call me Gumby. Very bendy.
~Emmy Rossum

For my birthday this year, my girlfriends - who knew I'd just inherited my dad's turntable - gave me a carton of albums like 'Blue Kentucky Girl,' by Emmylou Harris, and 'Off the Wall,' by Michael Jackson. It's all stuff we grew up with. I mean, you can't have a music collection without Prince's 'Purple Rain' - it just can't be done!
~Connie Britton

I was quite a shy child. I would get terribly nervous and throw up before my birthday party. And then I would be fine. I feel the same now. I get nervous, then it's fine.
~Matthew Macfadyen

For my birthday my husband learned to cook and is cooking one day a week for me. But he only likes to do fancy dishes. So we end up with weird, obscure things in the refrigerator.
~Cheryl Hines

My parents screened 'Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory' for my 6th birthday, and I became fascinated by the idea of living in a candy land with chocolate rivers and lollipop trees.
~Dylan Lauren

Mattresses! Beautiful! Let's go buy a couple of mattresses. Give 'em to people for their birthday.
~Lawrence Tierney

I told my father I wanted to play the banjo, and so he saved the money and got ready to give me a banjo for my next birthday, and between that time and my birthday, I lost interest in the banjo and was playing guitar.
~Jackson Browne

As far as those kinds of things, I also played at the concert to call for the release of Nelson Mandela when he was a political prisoner in South Africa. We were celebrating his 70th birthday and calling for his release.
~Jackson Browne

I've raced on all seven continents at least twice. I've probably run thousands of races. But the single race that I'm most proud is a 10K. Yes, a 10K. I ran it with my daughter on her 10th birthday.
~Dean Karnazes

I'm a Virgo and I'm more - I don't want to say 'negative' - but I'm the girl who thinks no one's coming to my birthday party, no one's buying my clothes, no one's reading my book, no one's watching my show - that's just how I think.
~Rachel Zoe

Middle age is having a choice between two temptations and choosing the one that'll get you home earlier. 
~Dan Bennett

Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act. 
~Truman Capote

Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle. 
~Bob Hope

First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to zip up your fly; and then you forget to unzip your fly. 
~Branch Rickey

Youth is a disease from which we all recover. 
~Dorothy Fulheim

Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life. 
~Herbert Asquith

I'm sixty years of age.  That's 16 Celsius. 
~George Carlin, Brain Droppings, 1997

You're not 40, you're eighteen with 22 years experience. 
~Author Unknown

I still have a full deck; I just shuffle slower now. 
~Author Unknown

So mayst thou live, dear! many years,
In all the bliss that life endears,...
~Thomas Hood, "To My Daughter, On Her Birthday"

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age. 
~Robert Frost

Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time. 
~Jean Paul Richter

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. 
~Lucille Ball

May you live to be a hundred years
With one extra year to repent.
~Author Unknown

Birthdays are good for you.  Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. 
~Larry Lorenzoni

Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician. 
~Author Unknown

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened. 
~Jennifer Yane

Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.  Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. 
~Tom Wilson

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

No comments:

Post a Comment