Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Birthday Quotes and Sayings 3

BIRTHDAY QUOTES (3)



Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair. 
~Sam Ewing

Youth is a wonderful thing.  What a crime to waste it on children. 
~George Bernard Shaw

In childhood, we yearn to be grown-ups.  In old age, we yearn to be kids.  It just seems that all would be wonderful if we didn't have to celebrate our birthdays in chronological order. 
~Robert Brault

The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left. 
~Jerry M. Wright

When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the things that never happened.  It is sad to go to pieces like this but we all have to do it. 
~Mark Twain

You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely. 
~Ogden Nash

They say that age is all in your mind.  The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body. 
~Author Unknown

We advance in years somewhat in the manner of an invading army in a barren land; the age that we have reached, as the saying goes, we but hold with an outpost, and still keep open communications with the extreme rear and first beginnings of the march. 
~Robert Louis Stevenson, "Virginibus Puerisque II," Virginibus Puerisque, 1881


Middle age is the time when a man is always thinking that in a week or two he will feel as good as ever. 
~Don Marquis

Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed. 
~Charles Schulz

I'm most comfortable in my birthday suit.
~Amanda Seyfried

You know, maybe I was just born in the wrong time, but I love all things romantic. Puffy understands that. For my last birthday, he covered my hotel room floor with rose petals and had flowers and candles all over the room.
~Jennifer Lopez

Some people won't go the extra mile, and then on their birthday, when no one makes a fuss, they feel neglected and bitter.
~Anne Lamott

I'm a summer baby, so I usually have my birthday as a good summer memory.
~Sloane Crosley

Mum loves me being famous! She is so excited and proud, as she had me so young and couldn't support me, so I am living her dream, it's sweeter for both of us. It's her 40th birthday soon and I'm going to buy her 40 presents.
~Adele

Every day, every birthday candle I blow out, every penny I throw over my shoulder in a wishing well, every time my daughter says, 'Let's make a wish on a star,' there's one thing I wish for: wisdom.
~Rene Russo

I just had my 30th birthday and we went turkey shooting. It's what I wanted to do, so we went.
~Kelly Clarkson

The worst part about celebrating another birthday is the shock that you're only as well as you are.
~Anne Lamott

I gave a funny speech at my wife's birthday party, and I'm thinking, 'Hey, I've still got it.'
~Larry David

I trained to be a priest - started to. I went to seminary school when I was 11. I wanted to be a priest, but when they told me I could never have sex, not even on my birthday, I changed my mind.
~Johnny Vegas

My best kiss was on stage. Kelly Rowland from Destiny's Child gave me a really nice soft kiss on my lips during a performance on my birthday. It was amazing.
~Chris Brown

I tried to bake a cake for my mother's birthday - it took me four hours. It was terrible, and I cried for three days.
~Rachael Ray

I left school on my 15th birthday.
~David Bailey

My happiest memory of childhood was my first birthday in reform school. This teacher took an interest in me. In fact, he gave me the first birthday presents I ever got: a box of Cracker Jacks and a can of ABC shoe polish.
~Flip Wilson

I like to go to anybody else's birthday, and if I'm invited I'm a good guest. But I never celebrate my birthdays. I really don't care.
~Mikhail Baryshnikov

When I was a kid, for my birthday every year, my mother made me pasta bechamel, which is rigatoni with a white cream sauce.
~Giada De Laurentiis

My ace in the hole as a human being used to be my capacity for remembering birthdays. I worked at it. Whenever I made a new friend, I made a point of finding out his or her birthday early on, and I would record it in my Filofax calendar.
~Susan Orlean

I want a chainsaw very badly, because I think cutting down a tree would be unbelievably satisfying. I have asked for a chainsaw for my birthday, but I think I'll probably be given jewelry instead.
~Susan Orlean

I had been offered a Hollywood contract before my 18th birthday. It gave me the spark I needed.
~Gene Tierney

Anybody can have a birthday. It requires nothing. Murderers have birthdays. It's the opposite of anything that I believe in. And I don't like at work where you stop everything to sing 'Happy Birthday' to someone. I feel like that's for children.
~Mindy Kaling

The day before my 16th birthday I got my guitar.
~Stevie Nicks

If we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday at a time of presidential inaugurals, this is thanks to Ronald Reagan who created the holiday, and not to the Democratic Congress of the Carter years, which rejected it.
~David Horowitz

The Queen of Crafts herself, Martha Stewart, and I have the same birthday. I prefer to think it's the glue-gun wielding, perfect-tart-producing Martha and not the copper pan-throwing, jail-going Martha. But I suppose if I am going to share a calendar square with some of Martha, I have to share it with all of Martha.
~Sloane Crosley

Since graduation, I have measured time in 4-by-5-inch pieces of paper, four days on the left and three on the right. Every social engagement, interview, reading, flight, doctor's appointment, birthday and dry-cleaning reminder has been handwritten between metal loops.
~Sloane Crosley

John Candy knew he was going to die. He told me on his 40th birthday. He said, well, Maureen, I'm on borrowed time.
~Maureen O'Hara

The first guitar I ever got was for my 13th birthday.
~Rick Springfield

It is ironic that the one thing that all religions recognize as separating us from our creator, our very self-consciousness, is also the one thing that divides us from our fellow creatures. It was a bitter birthday present from evolution.
~Annie Dillard

I used to be good with kids, but as I get older, I'm grumpy and terrible with them. As for doing a gig at a 6-year old's birthday party, you couldn't pay me enough.
~Johnny Vegas

Citizens, thank you for all your birthday wishes. I am 88 years old today and still lucky to live in the greatest city in the world.
~Ed Koch

All my favorite stars, my family and my friends are here. I'm having the happiest birthday that an 18-year-old girl could ever have.
~Brandy Norwood

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

No comments:

Post a Comment