Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Birthday Quotes and Sayings 2

BIRTHDAY QUOTES (2)



Most of us can remember a time when a birthday - especially if it was one's own - brightened the world as if a second sun has risen.
~Robert Staughton Lynd

I'm not materialistic. I believe in presents from the heart, like a drawing that a child does.
~Victoria Beckham

New Year's Day is every man's birthday.
~Charles Lamb

Your children need your presence more than your presents.
~Jesse Jackson

When someone asks if you'd like cake or pie, why not say you want cake and pie?
~Lisa Loeb

It's odd the things that people remember. Parents will arrange a birthday party, certain it will stick in your mind forever. You'll have a nice time, then two years later you'll be like, 'There was a pony there? Really? And a clown with one leg?'
~David Sedaris

You take away all the other luxuries in life, and if you can make someone smile and laugh, you have given the most special gift: happiness.
~Brad Garrett

Handmade presents are scary because they reveal that you have too much free time.
~Doug Coupland

If you can give your child only one gift, let it be enthusiasm.
~Bruce Barton

Love the giver more than the gift.
~Brigham Young

I was forced to live far beyond my years when just a child, now I have reversed the order and I intend to remain young indefinitely.
~Mary Pickford

The best way to remember your wife's birthday is to remember it once.
~E. Joseph Cossman

My policy on cake is pro having it and pro eating it.
~Boris Johnson

We'll take the cake with the red cherry on top.
~Navjot Singh Sidhu

My mother asked me what I wanted for my birthday, so I said I wanted to read poetry with her.
~Guy Johnson

My biggest hero, Gregory Peck, was my birthday present on April 14, 1973. I just sat and stared at him.
~Loretta Lynn

To my surprise, my 70s are nicer than my 60s and my 60s than my 50s, and I wouldn't wish my teens and 20s on my enemies.
~Lionel Blue

When I turned 60, it didn't bother me at all.
~Yoko Ono

I binge when I'm happy. When everything is going really well, every day is like I'm at a birthday party.
~Kirstie Alley

The main prank that we play with props is for people's birthdays. The special effects people will put a little explosive in the cake so it blows up in their face - that's always fun to play on a guest star, or one of the trainees or someone who's new.
~Catherine Bell

Only then, approaching my fortieth birthday, I made philosophy my life's work.
~Karl Jaspers

I quit high school on my birthday. It was my senior year and I didn't see the point. This was 1962, and I was ready to make music.
~Barry White

When I was little I thought, isn't it nice that everybody celebrates on my birthday? Because it's July 4th.
~Gloria Stuart

In 1993 my birthday present was a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.
~Annette Funicello

I had a birthday one night on a farm we were shooting on. I walked into the tent, and there were 150 people waiting for me, all wearing masks of my face.
~Stephen Hopkins

I'm amazed. When I was 40, I thought I'd never make 50. And at 50 I thought the frosting on the cake would be 60. At 60, I was still going strong and enjoying everything.
~Gloria Stuart

People give one another things that can't be gift wrapped.
~Nadine Gordimer

This is a wonderful way to celebrate an 80th birthday... I wanted to be 65 again, but they wouldn't let me - Homeland Security.
~Art Buchwald

To give somebody your time is the biggest gift you can give.
~Franka Potente

My mom FedExes a red velvet cake she makes from scratch to me every birthday.
~Molly Sims

I do like to shock and surprise people. When it's all in good fun, of course.
~Ruth Warrick

At her birthday, my seven-year-old daughter will say that she wants these big cakes and certain expensive toys as presents, and I can't say no to her. It would just break my heart. But when I was little, for birthdays we just played outside and we were happy if we got any cake.
~Goran Ivanisevic

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.
~Robert Frost

Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you're exactly the same.
~Audrey Hepburn

I wrapped my Christmas presents early this year, but I used the wrong paper. See, the paper I used said 'Happy Birthday' on it. I didn't want to waste it so I just wrote 'Jesus' on it.
~Demetri Martin

The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca

About astrology and palmistry: they are good because they make people vivid and full of possibilities. They are communism at its best. Everybody has a birthday and almost everybody has a palm.
~Kurt Vonnegut

With my wife I don't get no respect. I made a toast on her birthday to 'the best woman a man ever had.' The waiter joined me.
~Rodney Dangerfield

It was my 16th birthday - my mom and dad gave me my Goya classical guitar that day. I sat down, wrote this song, and I just knew that that was the only thing I could ever really do - write songs and sing them to people.
~Stevie Nicks

Any time women come together with a collective intention, it's a powerful thing. Whether it's sitting down making a quilt, in a kitchen preparing a meal, in a club reading the same book, or around the table playing cards, or planning a birthday party, when women come together with a collective intention, magic happens.
~Phylicia Rashad

You always get a special kick on opening day, no matter how many you go through. You look forward to it like a birthday party when you're a kid. You think something wonderful is going to happen.
~Joe DiMaggio

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

No comments:

Post a Comment