Search This Blog

Thursday 5 December 2013

Friendship Quotes and Sayings 8

FRIENDSHIP QUOTES (8)



Friendship will not stand the strain of very much good advice for very long.
~Robert Staughton Lynd

Secrecy is the chastity of friendship.
~Jeremy Taylor

Friendship is a word, the very sight of which in print makes the heart warm.
~Augustine Birrell

Aristotle uses a mother's love for her child as the prime example of love or friendship.
~Mortimer Adler

Conjugal love, or the friendship of spouses, can persist even after sexual desires have weakened, withered, and disappeared.
~Mortimer Adler

Friendship is a very taxing and arduous form of leisure activity.
~Mortimer Adler

Success always necessitates a degree of ruthlessness. Given the choice of friendship or success, I'd probably choose success.
~Sting

The bracelet says 'Fear Nothing.' It was given to me by my friends, and it was made for me and my friends during the period of time that I was going through chemotherapy. And I still wear it, because it's a great reminder of friendship and how my buddies and others came together in my time of need.
~Joseph J. Lhota

The steady discipline of intimate friendship with Jesus results in men becoming like Him.
~Harry Emerson Fosdick

A friend is an emotional bond, just like friendship is a human experience.
~Simon Sinek

I want to use my connections with coaches, players, celebrities, whomever, and if I can take that friendship and use it to help someone else, I'm going to take advantage of that. I'm not going to apologize for that.
~Tim Tebow

Friendship based solely upon gratitude is like a photograph; with time it fades.
~Carmen Sylva

Madam, I have been looking for a person who disliked gravy all my life; let us swear eternal friendship.
~Sydney Smith

One sure way to lose another woman's friendship is to try to improve her flower arrangements.
~Marcelene Cox

I've learned that friendship does not equate business, business does not equate friendship.
~Jill Scott

I lend people money, but I'd never lend something that would jeopardise a friendship if I didn't get it back.
~Paloma Faith

When I was growing up, my mother was always a friend to my siblings and me (in addition to being all the other things a mom is), and I was always grateful for that because I knew she was someone I could talk to and joke with, and argue with and that nothing would ever harm that friendship.
~Marlo Thomas

I really think that technology has the greatest potential to accelerate happiness of most things in the world. The companies that will ultimately do well are the companies that chase happiness. If you find a way to help people find love, or health or friendship, the dollar will chase that.
~Ashton Kutcher

You've got to reach a hand of friendship across the aisle and across philosophies in this country.
~Joe Biden

I'm calling my book series the 'with God series.' And this next 'with God' book is Friendship with God, which comes out in November. This books challenges us to bring about the end of 'better' on this planet.
~Neale Donald Walsch

Came but for friendship, and took away love.
~Thomas Moore

Love and esteem are the first principles of friendship; it is always imperfect if either of these two are wanting.
~Eustace Budgell

I've got some great guy friends. They can start out as crushes. But when you realize something isn't going to happen, you make a choice whether or not the friendship is worth it. And it usually is. Then you can laugh about the fact that you used to have a crush on him or he had one on you.
~Courteney Cox

My second husband believed I had such a fickle attitude to friendship that each Friday he would update the list of my 'Top Ten' friends in the manner of a Top Of The Pops chart countdown.
~Julie Burchill

A traitor is a betrayer - one who practices injury, while professing friendship. Benedict Arnold was a traitor, solely because, while professing friendship for the American cause, he attempted to injure it. An open enemy, however criminal in other respects, is no traitor.
~Lysander Spooner

One friend in a lifetime is much; two are many; three are hardly possible. Friendship needs a certain parallelism of life, a community of thought, a rivalry of aim.
~Brooks Adams

The strong bond of friendship is not always a balanced equation; friendship is not always about giving and taking in equal shares. Instead, friendship is grounded in a feeling that you know exactly who will be there for you when you need something, no matter what or when.
~Simon Sinek

Music is the social act of communication among people, a gesture of friendship, the strongest there is.
~Malcolm Arnold

The most deadly fruit is borne by the hatred which one grafts on an extinguished friendship.
~Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

I would be willing to do almost anything to make Art happy. I care about our friendship. The only thing I won't do is change the essence of my work.
~Paul Simon

A gang is the same as a wolf pack; gang members do not use their energies in friendship with one another, for they do not know what friendship is. If they are united, it is by the common bond of a desire to attack their world.
~Haniel Long

Friendship! Mysterious cement of the soul, Sweet'ner of life, and solder of society.
~Robert Blair

Friendship is a disinterested commerce between equals; love, an abject intercourse between tyrants and slaves.
~Oliver Goldsmith

I hope to continue my friendship with France and its filmmakers for many years to come.
~Harvey Weinstein

A band is a good way to break up a friendship.
~Julian Casablancas

No one person can possibly combine all the elements supposed to make up what everyone means by friendship.
~Francis Marion Crawford

I think romance is friendship and attraction sort of meeting together and that does influence what I'm writing a lot. I try to establish the attraction, obviously, but I also think it's important to show the characters having actual conversations about things other than their feelings for each other - and to develop their friendship on the page.
~Veronica Roth

I don't need to go onto Facebook and pretend to have friends I've never even met. To my mind, that kind of destroys the meaning of the word 'friend.' I take exception to that. Because I value and respect friendship.
~Stefanie Powers

Because most people are not sufficiently employed in themselves, they run about loose, hungering for employment, and satisfy themselves in various supererogatory occupations. The easiest of these occupations, which have all to do with making things already made, is the making of people: it is called the art of friendship.
~Laura Riding

Meg Ryan is a beautiful and courageous woman. I grieve the loss of her companionship but I've not lost the friendship. We talk all the time and that was what our connection was about. She has a wonderful mind and we just like a chat.
~Russell Crowe

The second one, the joint Truth and Friendship Commission, which we started now with Indonesia, that is the one that has been criticized; its terms of reference call for providing amnesty for those who cooperate in telling the truth. It does not lead to prosecution.
~Jose Ramos-Horta

Friendship is held to be the severest test of character.
~Charles Eastman

A lot of women, when they're young, feel they have very good friends, and find later on that friendship is complicated. It's easy to be friends when everyone's 18.
~Zadie Smith

My reputation is too important to put it aside for purposes of some friendship. We have a job to do.
~Stephanie Tubbs Jones

There are a lot of musicians I've met on Twitter where it was like, 'Hey, I like your music' - and then I ended up meeting them and it turned into a friendship.
~Grimes

I think quite a lot of people have a friendship or a love that's gone like that and it never quite reconciles properly.
~Tim Finn

The building of friendship, family, community and love is complicated. We are so isolated in this country, no longer supported by tribes and villages.
~Jasmine Guy

The best time to frame an answer to the letters of a friend, is the moment you receive them. Then the warmth of friendship, and the intelligence received, most forcibly cooperate.
~William Shenstone

The ideal friendship is to feel as one while remaining two.
~Sophie Swetchine

For me my friendship with Omar Rodriguez from Mars Volta that friendship really means a lot to me because he's another creative person who works as hard as I do.
~John Frusciante

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

No comments:

Post a Comment